aqua c remora silencer mod

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried this and it seems to work well on my tank.
You take a piece of water jug and cut it to size, then fold a couple of 90 degree angles on the ends and place it over the injector section. Very simple to do and reduced the noise level by about 50%. Below is a top down veiw of the skimmer and the piece of plastic that can be used.
skimmerbaffle.JPG

gweston

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. I have been using the 'paper towel' mod. Basically a folded rectangular piece of paper tower put down over the injector section to muffle the noise. It works very well. You don't necessarily have to change the paper towel out all that frequently. It hasn't been a problem for me... but I'll still change it every month or so as there is potential for it to get grimy.

I may try that milk jug idea out. Sounds like it would work too.

OP
OP
dougers31

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. I have been using the 'paper towel' mod. Basically a folded rectangular piece of paper tower put down over the injector section to muffle the noise. It works very well. You don't necessarily have to change the paper towel out all that frequently. It hasn't been a problem for me... but I'll still change it every month or so as there is potential for it to get grimy.

I may try that milk jug idea out. Sounds like it would work too.

Sounds like you could do a combo of both and just put the p. towel on top of the piece of plastic for max quietness :)

Back