Aqua-escape :)

Faccia di Pesce

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the fish will try to escape from my lame attempt at aquascaping. :)

I am in the first week of cycling my first saltwater tank. 40 Gallon Breeder. I have spent the last 4 days trying to use the rock that I bought from a local reefer. I used Nyos Reef Cement which made my water extremely cloudy. I find aquascaping to be challenging, especially when I did it after adding the live rock. I guess once the I add coral it will make things look better. But this is what I have and I am not going to drive myself crazy anymore lol. I figure its my first tank so just go with it.

Question. How do I get rid of the cloudiness from the Nyos Cement? I am not using a filter during the cycling of the tank. Should I?

IMG_5122.jpeg

Last edited:

Engrene4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well you should use a filter that way the bacteria can also establish in your filter and it will help with de-clouding the water and it will just let the tank cycle faster but i just did some aquascaping while the rock was in my tank and that was not fun but i just got some inspiration from pics and followed thirds rule of photography and just did it and i kind of like the look +
IMG_1464[1].JPG

i also made one slightly shorter to give the tank some sort of depth

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back