Aqua Forest Reef Salt & Phosphates

rbourgeois64

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been fighting phosphates at .26 on my Hanna ULR tester for a couple of weeks now in my reef using Aqua Forest Reef Salt. I have tested the water coming from my RO-DI and the TDS is 0002PPM. So I decided to test my water change mix where I used Aqua Forest Reef Salt and the phosphates tested .26, the same as I've been testing in the reef. I'm very amazed that this salt produce is what I've been fighting to lower my phosphates, and in fact it's increased the levels every water change. Has anyone had this problem, think it's time to change salts, any recommendations?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I mentioned in your other thread...

I'd be very surprised if there is significant phosphate in any reef salt mix. Maybe it is an error, or there is some other source in your mixing barrel.

What do you mix in?

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back