Aqua One Reefsys or Waterbox Marine X?

AnnaG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

As im planning to upgrade my current aquarium, im looking into purchasing a larger tank. Ive heard good things about Waterbox but as Aqua One is only in like Australia and UK, there isn't much info on them. Aqua One Reefsys 255 is $1205 AUD and Waterbox Marine X 90.3 is $2100, but they pretty much offer the same thing - maybe waterbox is just so good and high quality ? I am trying to budget so im leaning more towards Aqua One, although its hard to see pictures of them online so im going to look at it in store first.

Waterbox Specs - https://waterboxaquariums.com/products/marine-x90-3?_pos=1&_sid=d9af75816&_ss=r
Aqua One specs - https://aquaone.com.au/2015-04-16-04-47-04/2015-04-16-06-00-17/aquariums/reefsys-2/item/3991-53443

Which one should I purchase??

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cade. If not Cade, possibly Red Sea. I don't have any experience with AquaOne being in Canada, but I've heard enough recent horror stories with Waterbox to take a pass on them.

OP
OP
AnnaG

AnnaG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cade. If not Cade, possibly Red Sea. I don't have any experience with AquaOne being in Canada, but I've heard enough recent horror stories with Waterbox to take a pass on them.
love cade but $3000 AUD for a similar model is wayyyy too much for me

SmCaudata

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
love cade but $3000 AUD for a similar model is wayyyy too much for me
The one with the same volume is actually $2400 AUD (reef s2 600). It comes with a gravity ATO and jump net cover. Add those into the others and the cost difference shrinks. Cade also has aluminum/waterproof marine stand VS wood.

I'm not trying to convince you, but if it is the one that you really like, those extras make the cost difference from the Waterbox go away.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one with the same volume is actually $2400 AUD (reef s2 600). It comes with a gravity ATO and jump net cover. Add those into the others and the cost difference shrinks. Cade also has aluminum/waterproof marine stand VS wood.

I'm not trying to convince you, but if it is the one that you really like, those extras make the cost difference from the Waterbox go away.
And Cade is Australian mate! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

As im planning to upgrade my current aquarium, im looking into purchasing a larger tank. Ive heard good things about Waterbox but as Aqua One is only in like Australia and UK, there isn't much info on them. Aqua One Reefsys 255 is $1205 AUD and Waterbox Marine X 90.3 is $2100, but they pretty much offer the same thing - maybe waterbox is just so good and high quality ? I am trying to budget so im leaning more towards Aqua One, although its hard to see pictures of them online so im going to look at it in store first.

Waterbox Specs - https://waterboxaquariums.com/products/marine-x90-3?_pos=1&_sid=d9af75816&_ss=r
Aqua One specs - https://aquaone.com.au/2015-04-16-04-47-04/2015-04-16-06-00-17/aquariums/reefsys-2/item/3991-53443

Which one should I purchase??
Between those two, I'd go with the Waterbox as it has solid plywood cabinet, whereas the Aqua One is MDF.

Ideally I'd use the Aqua One tank and have an aluminium frame and cabinet made for longevity.

FWIW, I have the Aqua One Reefsys 326 and the timber panelling has some water damage, it doesn't take much as it absorbs like a sponge.

OP
OP
AnnaG

AnnaG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ahhh yes, the only thing is i wanted a cuboid 3 foot tank rather than a cube, to replace where my desk is. I know, Cade is amazing and they’re Australian and great quality but the water box is out of budget let alone Cade I’ve got an ATO already, and i was going to make a jump guard with stuff from bunnings so that’s covered .

OP
OP
AnnaG

AnnaG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Between those two, I'd go with the Waterbox as it has solid plywood cabinet, whereas the Aqua One is MDF.

Ideally I'd use the Aqua One tank and have an aluminium frame and cabinet made for longevity.

FWIW, I have the Aqua One Reefsys 326 and the timber panelling has some water damage, it doesn't take much as it absorbs like a sponge.

actually that’s really helpful- i hate MDF due to its carcinogenic effects. i still really want to go with something more affordable though.

OP
OP
AnnaG

AnnaG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great news - found a CADE 900 for $1500 used. Absolutely stunning.
tempImage8Caw0T.png

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 36 30.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 29 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back