Aqua UV HOB on Red Sea Reefer 250 v3 sump

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone with Red Sea Reefer 250 installed Aqua ultraviolet hang on back on their sump? I just want to see if they are fit.

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever figure out if it would fit? Not sure myself but I'll give ya a bump :)

F9AD98B9-FC1E-45E4-8826-F9B69CE33D17.gif

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
bump for any input

OP
OP
canadianeh

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tested this tonight and had it run and wow the noise it makes from water falls out of the spout is pretty loud. Sump will no longer be quiet.
I have to find a way to connect tube or pvc to the spout to bring it down into the water. But the issue is the spout is flat and not round. Anyone has idea?
1C7EA03A-A569-4E53-AD5B-BACCEFB0758F.jpeg

OP
OP
canadianeh

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone with HOB Aqua UV solved the waterfall sounds?

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking about picking one up for my 250. How do you like it besides the noise? What are you using for a feed pump? Did it come with the fitting you have the feed line hook up with? Have you noticed any difference in water clarity sense adding?
thanks for your help

OP
OP
canadianeh

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking about picking one up for my 250. How do you like it besides the noise? What are you using for a feed pump? Did it come with the fitting you have the feed line hook up with? Have you noticed any difference in water clarity sense adding?
thanks for your help
I like it. Easy to install. It doesn’t come with any hose so you will need to find your own. I wish they include hose considering the price they charge. It would be nice.
I am using Sicce 1.0 pump. The fitting came with it. All you need is pump. I also use clamp to make it more secure.
I am running carbon 24/7 and UV sterilizer 24/7. My water is always crystal clear prior getting the UV so I didn’t notice the difference. My intention is to help to mitigate or prevent any bad stuffs.
For the water noise I am using larger flat hose and connect it to the output and bring it down to the bottom of the tank. It helps a bit with the noise.

saltwaterbuddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it. Easy to install. It doesn’t come with any hose so you will need to find your own. I wish they include hose considering the price they charge. It would be nice.
I am using Sicce 1.0 pump. The fitting came with it. All you need is pump. I also use clamp to make it more secure.
I am running carbon 24/7 and UV sterilizer 24/7. My water is always crystal clear prior getting the UV so I didn’t notice the difference. My intention is to help to mitigate or prevent any bad stuffs.
For the water noise I am using larger flat hose and connect it to the output and bring it down to the bottom of the tank. It helps a bit with the noise.

Hello canadianeh. I have the same setup with your uv sterilizer on my reefer 250. Do you have a picture what kind if flat hose you used for the output? Thanks

OP
OP
canadianeh

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet! Do you mind asking whats the size of the tube and where did you buy it. Thanks.
I don't remember the size maybe 1.5" ID? The best thing is to bring your UV unit to the store and try it on. I got mine at Lowes.

ladz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bringing back for input in case anyone else needs a solution like I did.

I just purchased one of these and am using 1” silicone tubing. The tubing extends about 4” past the waterline of the sump compartment. The tubing fits tightly like a glove around the aqua uv outlet/return. Very satisfied with how quiet it is and no micro bubbles are getting created.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back