Aquabus Hub

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

WillH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any suggestions on what might work best to connect 4 various aquabus sources together? I am currently using an EB4, but hoping I could replace with some sort of hub, cheaper component that can handle 4 inputs or a usb hub of some sort.

Thanks!

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any particular reason you want all 4 to the same hub? All apex items can be hooked up in series if I remember correctly.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thing to remember is that while AquaBus uses USB cables for power and communications, the individual Apex modules are powered by 12v instead of the typical 5v found on computer USB ports. The base Apex units have 2 AquaBus ports that supply 12v each, and the EB832 has 3 AquaBus ports supplying 12v. From there, you normally just daisy-chain modules to each other to provide power and communications to the next module. You CANNOT use any commercially available USB hubs because they are built for computer-based USB devices that run on 5v.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
The previous version of powerbar, the eb8 allowed you to do just that.

It had 6 ports so plenty of options there. I usually connected the display and eb8 to the 2 ports on apex classic and then connect everything to the powerbar. Not sure why neptune provided less ports on the new EB832

link81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
everything has 2 ports i believe. (except the display)
I just have everything daisy chained together. the afs and the display are both at the end of the line.
monoprice sells 1.5 foot cabels i used under the stand to eliminate extra cabling.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can still buy the EB8; though I never found it necessary to use more than a couple of the aquabus ports.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back