OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

Reef keeping with Military Precision!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking stuff! What dosing containers do you plan on using? I didn’t even order my tank yet from Planet Aquarium. I’m getting all my equipment ready first. My equipment will be in the basement, no space restrictions

Not really sure on the dosing containers yet but I guarantee they will be quality!

Great idea with gathering all your equipment first! Things move much better when you have it all stockpiled. Sounds like you’ll have tons of room for expansion! Lol

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow what a impressive build. You weren't kidding on the military precision. haha. Anyways thank you for your service brother and I look forward to seeing how these reactors work for you. I have never been much of a reactor guy but am considering running one for phosphate control.

Thanks for the compliment! Oh and welcome aboard!! The reactors are running great ! Reactors are really the way to go. You can go without them but everything seems to work better running through a reactor. [emoji6]

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@120reefkeeper, I want to go full aquaforest line. But their skimmers don't have the us plug in. Any idea where and if I can get one for the us?
Same with the media reactors

The media reactors can be found at premium aquatics,
https://premiumaquatics.com/product...VTyqjU8Q6h4lLcRZxgQDy-0JEWcwCwUEaAgo_EALw_wcB

Or at

https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/a...uX14bMzSkw7MCeTg2zr7A3a3fsnGhkQwaAl3MEALw_wcB

Or at

https://www.saltysupply.com/aquafor...mjTW1u7sZpfEVvY28u-_z6BeSpkTCxnQaAhPPEALw_wcB

The Aquaforest skimmers can be found at salty supply out of Florida. They have the US plugs.

https://www.saltysupply.com/aquafor...EkI5Mq5OA2vYv5gRtk--MzSavWKw0vMUaAiUTEALw_wcB

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am battling a 0.08 phosphates. what are your phosphates at with the gfo?

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am battling a 0.08 phosphates. what are your phosphates at with the gfo?

0.03 Phosphate enters the tank in a couple of different ways.

1. Your RODI water... test it.

2. Leaching from Rocks. This takes time but keep pounding away or you can also use lanthanum chloride.

3. Your over feeding. Or not rinsing your mysis if you use that. I used to have this issue before I cut back on the food a bit and I defrost my mysis, drain the juice and rise it with RODI water. Then I feed it. I went form 0.010- 0.015 down to 0.002- 0.003

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0.03 Phosphate enters the tank in a couple of different ways.

1. Your RODI water... test it.

2. Leaching from Rocks. This takes time but keep pounding away or you can also use lanthanum chloride.

3. Your over feeding. Or not rinsing your mysis if you use that. I used to have this issue before I cut back on the food a bit and I defrost my mysis, drain the juice and rise it with RODI water. Then I feed it. I went form 0.010- 0.015 down to 0.002- 0.003
i just made my own food but did not rinse it. I feel a lof of the nutrients are the guts of the fish etc. will using gfo help to lower it?

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just made my own food but did not rinse it. I feel a lof of the nutrients are the guts of the fish etc. will using gfo help to lower it?

Yes GFO will help lower it but you also need to help yourself too.... you know what I mean?? [emoji4]

Remember whatever you put in has to come out. This is done via filtration, skimming, socks, GFO, etc etc...

It’s just as easy to keep track of what your putting in, how your treating it and having a plan to deal with it.

The easiest is don’t put in as much and or wash it well. [emoji6]

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
827d08ddfcb2cec888e66662615fa489.jpg

Fresh picture anyone ?? [emoji23]

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back