120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

Reef keeping with Military Precision!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a96edc4fb645655b49285d9aa4cad7c5.jpg

All seems well after the heater failure!! #Aquaforest!

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mike my reactor with life bio has a lot of slime, dirt etc.. how often do you clean out your reactor?

Leslie88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now in further news.... today I was alerted by my Neptune Apex that my Aquaforest/ Waterbox tank had lost communication with the server... hmmm strange.

I quickly logged in to my other tanks and everything is online and ok. I thought well that’s strange....

I was about to get off work so I knew the system hadn’t been down very long and I have a battery backup so I wasn’t super concerned.

I get home and see the system totally down. Everything is off except the battery backup . Upon further investigation I find that I actually tripped a breaker on my circuit breaker panel.

So I decided to reset it and investigate further. I noticed one of my 2 heaters was not coming on. The tank temperature had dipped to 77 degrees Fahrenheit so both heaters should be functioning.

I attempted to unplug and plug the heater back in.... nothing .... dead. This heater is only about 3 months old mind you.

So I pull the heater out of the sump and look what I found.

ac15203fc4d9336cfed796883eb37b7d.jpg

d68e1d941a113e488f94d19908354a8f.jpg

3f0ee3ea4db6e667be8034f9022bd108.jpg

I have left a message with the manufacturer of the heater and hope to hear back from them soon.

So I decided to add a poly filter to the tank along with fresh carbon. I’ve also taken my heater from my saltwater mixing station and put it online into they system and no ..... it’s not the same brand . [emoji6]

That’s why I only use titanium heaters. I like the BlueLine heaters and controller

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s why I only use titanium heaters. I like the BlueLine heaters and controller

Believe it or not I went back to glass. I’ve seen the titanium ones fail also.

I’ll tell you what ... the first company that’s makes a heater that

1. Doesn’t crack

2. Doesn’t fail on

3. Doesn’t burn a hole through the side and spew toxic gunk into your tank . Will absolutely sell thousands upon thousands of heaters.

Leslie88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Believe it or not I went back to glass. I’ve seen the titanium ones fail also.

I’ll tell you what ... the first company that’s makes a heater that

1. Doesn’t crack

2. Doesn’t fail on

3. Doesn’t burn a hole through the side and spew toxic gunk into your tank . Will absolutely sell thousands upon thousands of heaters.

Yeah, I’ve had titanium, ones fail on me. At least they don’t explode, not that I’ve seen at least. The old ebo-jager heaters were the best ever! They are just so big, they don’t really fit in normal sumps.

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mike we need an update on the tank,.... what's going on? added more fish?

I agree buddy! Shhh you’ll see soon.. I’ve got some corals cooking ! ;)

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Your tank is looking so amazing, the rock work really stands out. I love the look the current lights give your tank with that structure. It’s so neato.

It’s really going to look awesome once it packed with corals!! Lol thanks for the compliment! [emoji4]

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Okay lol either this is one of those mystery pics, and I’m suppose to find something hidden lol, and I’m super dumb
And blind. On the other hand, lol is this the same pic like a page back? I’m so lost. But it’s oncd again lovely pic of your tank.

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Okay lol either this is one of those mystery pics, and I’m suppose to find something hidden lol, and I’m super dumb
And blind. On the other hand, lol is this the same pic like a page back? I’m so lost. But it’s oncd again lovely pic of your tank.

Nope your not lost just bringing it forward so everyone knows exactly where things stand right now. I do have some corals in my QT. To be honest I’m not sure which ones I’m going to add. I’ve got a variety and this tank was supposed to be an easy everyday tank. Some of my purchases don’t reflect that. So I’m a bit torn if I should follow the original plan or just put in whatever... lol

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope your not lost just bringing it forward so everyone knows exactly where things stand right now. I do have some corals in my QT. To be honest I’m not sure which ones I’m going to add. I’ve got a variety and this tank was supposed to be an easy everyday tank. Some of my purchases don’t reflect that. So I’m a bit torn if I should follow the original plan or just put in whatever... lol

Well, plans only go so far, they help us deal with the unexpected along the way. Nonetheless, when it comes to life (aquatic life in this case) it tends to forge its own path. I say do what feels right now despite past plans.

Back