Aquaforest NitraPhos Minus

MISTLEBEE15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI everyone, Im new to reefing and to this site

I was going to use NitraPhos Minus to help control my nitrates, it says to use with Pro Bio S, is this correct ? I am just a bit confused if I need both, or something else

thank you

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's an etanol based liquid carbon source, Pro Bio S is a bacteria source. Carbon source is fuel for bacteria growth. It can be used stand alone, but be cautious to begin fractionally to user instructions. Yoy can also use NP Pro and Pro Bio S to establish ULNS, use with zeolite and biological media, that essentially is AF Probiotic Method.

OP
OP
M

MISTLEBEE15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's an etanol based liquid carbon source, Pro Bio S is a bacteria source. Carbon source is fuel for bacteria growth. It can be used stand alone, but be cautious to begin fractionally to user instructions. Yoy can also use NP Pro and Pro Bio S to establish ULNS, use with zeolite and biological media, that essentially is ** Probiotic Method.
Thank you all for your help.

Using the Probiotic method, what are the good, apart from ULNS or bad points to running a system this way ?

Sorry if its a silly question ive not had my tank long and want to fully understand what it is

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
(+) the use of Probiotic Method allows for enhanced skim production, which in turn allows for heavy fish loads/ bioload, thus allowing you to also feed heavy, but also use targeted vitamins, aminos, and coral food sources to be supplemented for vibrancy. The water becomes very clear, so light penetration is also enhanced.

(-) because you are running lowered alk and very low nutrients, testing is important, as is observation. This is not an easy system to automate, to many modern day reefers, in fact a turn off. Hard to go on long vacations. A very hands on system, designed for a tinkerer

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would initiate conversation on the Aquaforest sponsor board. Better targeted info, you can also download pdf fike from their website, I highly recommend you read several times.
Cheers

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I was going to use NitraPhos Minus to help control my nitrates, it says to use with Pro Bio S, is this correct ? I am just a bit confused if I need both, or something else

thank you

You can use NitraPhos Minus by itself. I would definitely recommend joining the Aquaforest Facebook group. They are near 60K members strong and it's a good community to exchange info with others about their products: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1490485151247025/

richiero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's an etanol based liquid carbon source, Pro Bio S is a bacteria source. Carbon source is fuel for bacteria growth. It can be used stand alone, but be cautious to begin fractionally to user instructions. Yoy can also use NP Pro and Pro Bio S to establish ULNS, use with zeolite and biological media, that essentially is ** Probiotic Method.

Nitraphos doesn’t need bio s , NP pro does

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

thank you
@Aquaforest

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
how it performs against nopox, someone tried it?
They both have similar potency. I used both and still do based on whichever is available. I dose both of them in equal amount and don't see any striking difference in my nutrient levels.

Back