Aquaforest Phyto Mix or Generic Phytoplankton? Any Advantages?

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I've supplemented with regular phyto for a while now but have also used the AF phyto mix which I remember did work(idk if better than regular phyo though)...AF phyto mix is a mixture of phyto and zooplankton at the same time and has proteins,carbs, and fats. I would imagine that copepods go after it too. I'll include a picture of the box and if you have any questions please just ask...I'm trying to decide whether to buy it in addition to the phytoplankton.

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd imagine the phyto in the aquaforest product isn't live. I'm not sure how much of a difference that makes for the animals.

OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've actually never heard of it being a big deal but think the phyto mix probably makes more nutrients available to the coral

OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_2022-01-19-07-46-03-005_com.shopee.th.jpg Screenshot_2022-01-20-00-25-41-158_com.miui.home.jpg

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The marketing description for it does sound good. I'm curious to hear about peoples experiences with it.

Jay'sReefBugs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I've supplemented with regular phyto for a while now but have also used the AF phyto mix which I remember did work(idk if better than regular phyo though)...AF phyto mix is a mixture of phyto and zooplankton at the same time and has proteins,carbs, and fats. I would imagine that copepods go after it too. I'll include a picture of the box and if you have any questions please just ask...I'm trying to decide whether to buy it in addition to the phytoplankton.
I make a product similar to this . Without knowing the density of the product it's kinda a gamble to see if it's worth it or not

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never seen the AF phyto mix, but I've got about 10 different types of filter foods. I treat it the same as fish food, meaning that variety is better. If I see something I dont have, i buy it and try it. So, I think you should try it, aqauforest is a good product

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
If you want to dose the best Phyto for your system, I would recommend a blend of various species that is alive and has motile species that are still motile. The dead stuff is fine for some of the organisms, but you have to treat it like any other dead food and be careful to not overdose. A blend of live motile Phyto will be good for all of the different types of organisms, and it is extremely difficult to overdose.

OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I do dose live phytoplankton as well...I was just found the Phyti Mix and the description mentions it's packed full of proteins and amino acids since it's a zooplankton and phytoplankton mix...the description is above

Jay'sReefBugs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I do dose live phytoplankton as well...I was just found the Phyti Mix and the description mentions it's packed full of proteins and amino acids since it's a zooplankton and phytoplankton mix...the description is above
Due to your location I would stick with the phytoplankton you have and dose Aminos. It's essentially going to be the same thing as the AF mix

OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Randy Holmes-Farley can I have your opinion since you know all about how nutrition is absorbed from different supplements? Right now the only I don't have corals only a lot of really beautiful coralline algae and will add sun corals soon

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back