AquaForest AF Rock - received first shipment.

UNCFAN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my shipment of Aquaforest AF Rock today. Shipment was 10kg and a total of 12 pieces. Rock is very light weight and nice shapes. It is not as "blue" as the pictures show probably light from my tank - one rock was almost white compared to the others. You can see that one in the attached pictures. The rock is a light purple/blue color as received - I will update pics once I put rocks in water.

Most of the rocks are what I consider to be base or shelf rock with nice flat bottoms for good placement on sand.

I am in the process of setting up this 125 and ready to begin the cycling process. I will be giving this rock a good rinse before putting in my tank. I've not posted pictures before so we will see how this goes.
thumbnail_IMG_0063.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_0062.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_0061.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_0060.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_0060.jpg

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks nice! Ive always wondered how they make artificial rock.

OP
OP
UNCFAN

UNCFAN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Aquatic Sealife is a distributor for Coralvue. You will know shipping during checkout. I don't remember what mine was.

Albz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey wondering, did you end up getting a lot lf nitrates from this rock? I habe like 3 ppl who used same rock and nitrates went all the way to 50ppm in their cycle. Was wondering if its the rock?

OP
OP
UNCFAN

UNCFAN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is no longer running. My nitrates were around 50ppm at the end of the cycle. Not sure what caused that high nitrate so I can't say it was the rock.

Albz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is no longer running. My nitrates were around 50ppm at the end of the cycle. Not sure what caused that high nitrate so I can't say it was the rock.
Yea same here lol. My friends also. Im guessing it is the rock. After doing water change, did it go ever go back to 50ppm again? Lol

Back