aquaforest to fauna marine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

macci

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good morning

i was thinking to change from aquaforest to fauna marine

i have a full 350 lts of sps u high stocking of fish all parameters are on the range.

what products you reccomand to start with and what is the best filtration i use but i dont wish zeolites as i dont have space in my sump to but the fm zeo reactor

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

What supplements are you currently adding to your reef? Are you looking for a substitute for nutrient reduction, coral nutrition products, coral food?

As a baseline for SPS, we recommend using these products:
  • Reef Vitality
  • Coral Balance
  • Color Elements (Blue, Green, and Red)
For stronger nutrient control, we recommend:
  • Bacto Reef Balls
  • Ultra Bak
The combination of these products will control your nutrient input, increase nutrient export efficiency, and provide your SPS with important trace elements for improved growth and color.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

macci

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes thats what i whant
May i ask the schedule and amount u use in 300 lts please?

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is what we recommend for a 300 liter net volume system:

Reef Vitality
1/4 capsule twice per week

Coral Balance
1.5 spoons twice per week

Color Elements
6ml twice per week

Bacto Reef Balls
6 BRB in a low-med flow reactor or filter bag, replace every 2 weeks

Ultra Bak
0.6ml daily

These are only starting dosages. Keep in mind that every tank will have different dosage needs and therefore the above dosages may need adjustments after 3-4 weeks of dosing.

RV and CB can be dosed on the same days. Do not dose CE on the same day as your RV dosage.

OP
OP
M

macci

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can i use also min s , ultra amin and organics and if i can what dose and days please

Last edited:

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These would be your starting dosages:

Ultra Min S
1ml every 2 days

Ultra Amin
3.5ml daily via manual dosing or dosing pump

Ultra Organic
1ml daily via manual dosing or dosing pump

Ultra Min S dosage was calculated using our Zeo-Light dosing guidelines. Amin and Organic starting dosages were calculated using the guidelines on the product bottle.

George-Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem. Our names are very confusing :) As I said the Min S can not be used in a doser. You should shake the bottle well before using there is lots of organic stuff. It contains lots of natural marine plankton things.

AlainD

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With your new product, can you share what you recommand for sps tank

George-Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With your new product, can you share what you recommand for sps tank

You mean what product we recommend or you mean how to dose Min S?? I shared the Reefbuilder posting only because it has some details. Min S was launched last year. We use a combination of several products in our farm. The reason is that every coral seems to response differently. The main products for SPS are Min S, Coral Sprint and the new Reef Vitality.

image000012.jpeg

AlainD

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean Product you recommand. I use Coral sprint, coral balance and min s alternately and bacto energy every day in my 120g sps tank

Urbia_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem. Our names are very confusing :) As I said the Min S can not be used in a doser. You should shake the bottle well before using there is lots of organic stuff. It contains lots of natural marine plankton things.

And what about Ultra Amin? It can be used in a doser. What are the differences between both (ultra Amin and Min S). I was thinking to combine Ultra Amin and Organics. What do you think?

George-Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean Product you recommand. I use Coral sprint, coral balance and min s alternately and bacto energy every day in my 120g sps tank

I think you are using a quite good combination already. Of course the new Reef Vitality could be very intersting too but I am honest it is not available in the USA so how should I recommend using it?

George-Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And what about Ultra Amin? It can be used in a doser. What are the differences between both (ultra Amin and Min S). I was thinking to combine Ultra Amin and Organics. What do you think?

Both products are very different. Amin is a mixture of the essential amino acids. Their function is mainly to supply the bricks to build coral skeleton and tissue. Min S is a supplier of the energy needed for that.

xseraph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi George,

I am currently using MinS for my mixed 47G reef tank, and planning to add Organic, Amin, Color Elements and may be the new Vitality (getting it from outside of US) together. Do you have any recommendation on how to use them? Can I use them all together or I should just use them alternately? Many thanks in advance!

George-Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the products you mentioned have a different focus so it´s no problem to combine them. Min S is a sort of plankton food, Amin are amino acids, Color Elements are special traces for coloration, Coral Vitality is a food for the bacteria in the coral tissue, Organic is somehow a cooperation partner of Min S so please reduce the dosing of both of them by 50% when you are planning to dose them together. Lower dosing is something we always recommend because our stuff is high concentrated #reefpower and not comparable with usual way to dose. We are mainly dosing dropwise :cool:

Back