Aqualantis aquaview 65

Kitchenreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I am new to reef 2 reef but I have been looking for information on this tank and haven’t had any luck. I am looking for someone with a aqualantis aquaview 50 or 65 that I can bounce some questions off before I get my new tank wet.

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I am new to reef 2 reef but I have been looking for information on this tank and haven’t had any luck. I am looking for someone with a aqualantis aquaview 50 or 65 that I can bounce some questions off before I get my new tank wet.
Post up your questions in the

Reef Aquarium Discussion
forum

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! While a lot of us have different tanks we should all be able to help you out. Go ahead and ask away!

OP
OP
Kitchenreefer

Kitchenreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m curious to know how the built in auto top off works for this style aquarium, since it sits on top of the sump does it cause issues trying to access that part of the sump when you need to tinker around? Also how does the stock piping work? Is it worth while upgrading to pvc right of the start? Are they any other things you wish you changed on this tank before you started it?

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here's the video I found on it. Stock sump doesn't leave a lot of room for tinkering but the reservoir for top off is easily removable. If using the stand that came with the tank, stock piping will do just fine.

OP
OP
Kitchenreefer

Kitchenreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here's the video I found on it. Stock sump doesn't leave a lot of room for tinkering but the reservoir for top off is easily removable. If using the stand that came with the tank, stock piping will do just fine.

Awesome, I have been looking in a lot of places for information on these tanks but I haven’t been able to find much. Thanks for the reply! I’m wondering when you remove the auto top off would the water not start leaking out of the bottom since is a float switch when you remove the peice to get under into the sump? I don’t plan on doing it often but that will be where my return pump is so I might need to get at it from time to time

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never used it before but this hobby is full of trial and error. If it makes you feel better this won't be close to the only/worst problems you'll have lol.

OP
OP
Kitchenreefer

Kitchenreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahaha ya i am aware of the fun of this hobby lol. Just trying to decide if I should use that container or my tunze auto top off that would block the part of the sump. Thanks for the help

meermann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have the same tank (Aquaview 65) and Tunze Osmolator as well instead that floater.
But I ordered a custom sump (the same footprint, but without stand-alone top-off reservoir, it's integrated now), it was even cheaper than original sump.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back