Aquamaxx Aqua Marine Nemolight LED

Josh King

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought one to replace a 48 inch aquaticlife edge led unit I had for two years and one channel burned out. I will let you know how I like it and post some photos in a few weeks.

Josh King

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using this light for a few months now. I liked the programmable function of the Aquaticlife Edge better. However, you just have to turn the Aquamaxx Nemolight on at a certain time and program it at that time for when you want it to come on and your set. For example, turn on a 8AM for the 10 hour light cycle, it will now come on at 8AM every day. I like that you can turn the intensity up or down for the three channels; white, blue, and moonlight.
The light intensity seems a little stronger than the Edge. The LEDs seem to be of better quality. The unit is a few inches wider than the Edge.
I am using the Nemolight in conjunction with 2 Kessil 150 deep ocean blues.
Overall I like it.

Joeganja

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could the Aquamaxx be used alone on a 24" deep tank? Also would you recommend this light?

What type of corals would you want it to grow? They just released a new model called the prism and I have both and I like the prism's design and overall controllability much better.

Josh King

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could the Aquamaxx be used alone on a 24" deep tank? Also would you recommend this light?
Not sure for sps, but for others you should be fine. 24 inches is quite deep so the bottom 4 inches of your tank could be reserved for low light corals or non-photo corals.

Josh King

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far I would recommend it for lps and soft corals in a tank up to 21 inches deep (mine). Good luck!

tonybwill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of corals would you want it to grow? They just released a new model called the prism and I have both and I like the prism's design and overall controllability much better.
I would like to grow every type of coral.

Josh King

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Josh. The nemo and the prism only 21" deep?
They don't have any info on the depth coverage that I could find. I am only giving you my experience. I have a 21 inch deep tank. I have sps but also have the 2 Kessils in addition to this.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back