Aquamaxx eco rock

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this rock needs cured? It states on the website that it doesn’t effect the nitrogen cycle. I am planning to add 25-35 lbs to my 150 gallon reef, it already has approximately 120lbs of established live rock with low, softies and sps.

526C89F2-40DE-4E0C-A746-1A0092D6CBA5.png

ncaldwell

View Badges
Reaction score
You should be able to add it directly to your tank. The main reason you would want to cure separately is if its live rock that has died ie used to be alive but was taken out of the water and everything died. If that happens you get ammonia issues then nitrate and phosphate. This rock shouldn't have any organic matter on it that needs cured. I'd say add it to the main tank after rinsing it off

OP
OP
leepink23

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
You should be able to add it directly to your tank. The main reason you would want to cure separately is if its live rock that has died ie used to be alive but was taken out of the water and everything died. If that happens you get ammonia issues then nitrate and phosphate. This rock shouldn't have any organic matter on it that needs cured. I'd say add it to the main tank after rinsing it off
Thanks for the feedback, that would be much easier!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back