Aquamaxx Protein Skimmer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

wcharon

View Badges
Reaction score
Happy Holidays… I need some advice. I have an EM200 in my sump and i have to admit it have been working GREAT for several years and still working.

My tank have been growing corals and fish and I feel that I am not removing organics as I am having hairy algae lately with my 15 gallon water change bi-weekly so i suspect that I should consider an upgrade to my actual EM200 skimmer in my limited sump space. I will like to stay on theAquamaxx line as I am very pleased with the job of the EM200.

Here are some specs of the tank. The tank is a 125 reef with a 20 gallon long sump. The bioload I consider it heavy as I have around 11 fish and it is packed with a lot of corals (LPS and SPS).

If I make the decision I will like your advise on which model I should look at that will have better specs and pulling air ratio than the EM200. Also confused on what is the difference on the different models (FC, ConeS-Q, ConeS, ConeS RC, ConeS DFC and ConeS DRC) and which model is the lates?

Sorry for the long post but want to be sure I don’t forget nothing and thanks in advance.

MCWL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Happy holidays. What are the parameters? With a heavy load, 15 gallons every other week may not be enough, and the protein skimmer may not be able to handle it.
Also, I just switched couple weeks ago to a DC skimmer. Man I wish I would have a long time ago. Does a great job without the vibration the AC skimmer produced. Just my thoughts. Happy New Year.

OP
OP
W

wcharon

View Badges
Reaction score
Happy holidays. What are the parameters? With a heavy load, 15 gallons every other week may not be enough, and the protein skimmer may not be able to handle it.
Also, I just switched couple weeks ago to a DC skimmer. Man I wish I would have a long time ago. Does a great job without the vibration the AC skimmer produced. Just my thoughts. Happy New Year.
Thanks for the feedback..

The parameters are:
Alk 8.5
Calc 450
Mag 1230
Phos .5

To be honest i loaded the tank with several Tangs but was my fault as i know i went up with the frozen food in order to get them to eat. I also didn't change my filters as i usually do each 6 months and that started to give me Bubble Algae and then little patches of Hairy Algae encrusted on some SPS.

Maybe i should go up as suggested with 20 gal water changes to help a little.

With what DC Skimmer you went if you don't mind?

MCWL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score

Simplicity 240,​

Simplicity 240 I am quite happy with it.

Back