AquaRaider44's Lifegard Aquatics 3.8-Gallon Pico Reef Challenge

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vivid Creative Aquatics marinedepot sells the reducer bushing,so i will go that route. Unfortunately that pvcfittingsonline their shipping is expensive. Its $5 w/ shipping @ MD,$9.35 @ PVCFO.

I got the 1/4" adapter with my order,so I gonna order the bushing here shortly. Too bad I can't find a 1/4" bulkhead..
Mayb e this one?

not a lot of details on it, but it might work as a bulkhead.

IMO - If you have the room, the 1/2in Bulkhead I think is the better way to go. it affords more flexibility should you ever what to change things up

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mayb e this one?

not a lot of details on it, but it might work as a bulkhead.

IMO - If you have the room, the 1/2in Bulkhead I think is the better way to go. it affords more flexibility should you ever what to change things up

I will still use the 1/2" bulkhead,and just order the reducer bushing but paint it black first lol. I think I'm going to a Hydor Pick Evo 180gph and crank it down some.

clcglass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys - i went digging through my email and actually came up with the files that were sent to me a while ago. Totally my fault.

In any case i got it and im in the process if getting this adapter re-drawn in fusion360.

20200809_161134-1.jpg

20200809_161145-1.jpg

I'm thinking of do this adapter with both a 1/4in and a 1/2in ball connector.

However, I think the stock fitting that comes with these tanks may be 1/2in Loc-line compatible. I need to confirm this. If anyone has one of these tanks, can you post a photo of the stock fitting with just the ball connector?

I should have a workable part for the 1/4in adater by Tuesday of this week. So if you want one for just the cost of shipping, let me know.

Bumping this - is there any chance I could get this adapter for the 1/2 inch RFG? It doesn't appear to work with the stock fitting. I have the 14.26 peninsula.

clcglass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 1/2 doesn't work at all
that's a bummer. That's what I get for changing my mind on the tank after I bought everything else. I originally ordered w/ the adaptor for an IM. Oh well.

How's your 3.8 doing? I still love how clean these tanks are.

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumping this - is there any chance I could get this adapter for the 1/2 inch RFG? It doesn't appear to work with the stock fitting. I have the 14.26 peninsula.

Yes - I just recived the fittings for another customers tanks the other day and have verified that the adapters we have created fit the stock rubber boot.

I have the 1/4in Adapter modeled up and ready for production (see image) and the 1/2in version can be ready in pretty short order.

20200925_135944.jpg

Freshermenreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Designed and 3D printed an adapter to 1/4 inch loc line which works great and was sent to @Vivid Creative Aquatics for the community to benefit from soon.
1564446559585.png

I also installed the new sicce pump and Random Flow Generator from @Vivid Creative Aquatics and now have the best most random flow on the aquarium. I may have gone overkill as it is a 44x turn over with the 110 GPH pump on a 2.5 actual gallon of water tank not to mention the additional flow the REG draws in from the eductors in the back.

1564446524303.png

I also added 100ml of matrix by seachem, a cycled sponge from my tank, a filter pad all in the 3d printed media basket.

1564446856354.png

I added one single onyx clownfish to cycle the system as well as one Nuclear Green Paly frag from my tank.
where can i get the 3D printed adapter 1/4 inch loc line and the RFG from i have the same tank i would love to have some random flow on the tank i reall do like the tank

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where can i get the 3D printed adapter 1/4 inch loc line and the RFG from i have the same tank i would love to have some random flow on the tank i reall do like the tank
It's bascily ready now waiting on a slot to open up in our production cycle and for packaging to arrive. Also need to get it up on the site.

But you can DM us with your info, we can arrange to get you one pretty quick, if you don't mind it being loose, without retail packaging ;-)

Freshermenreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's bascily ready now waiting on a slot to open up in our production cycle and for packaging to arrive. Also need to get it up on the site.

But you can DM us with your info, we can arrange to get you one pretty quick, if you don't mind it being loose, without retail packaging ;-)
Yes i will need the full set up so i will need the 1/4 inch loc and the RFG for it where would i dm you at with my info and i dont mind if its not retail pack

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes i will need the full set up so i will need the 1/4 inch loc and the RFG for it where would i dm you at with my info and i dont mind if its not retail pack

We'll get it up on the website today - what this thread for when it goes up. :)

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These adapters are now available on our website.

You'll find both the 1/2in and the 1/4in Loc-line adapters for the LifeGaurde Aquatics All-in-one tanks here

For a limited time we'll provide the adapter at no cost, since it was originally @AquaRaider44 's idea. Just use the coupon code: FREELGAADAPTER at checkout. (We'll leave this hear for about week)

This adapter will replace the stock push-in fitting and are directly compatible with genuine Loc-Line fittings.
It's important to note - these tank used to come with Loc-Line compatible fittings, but at some point that changed and the stock fitting are very close to genuine Loc-Line branded modular hose but will not snap snugly to it. These will fix that.

20.75mm to 1/4in Loc-Line

LGA025LL.jpg

20.75mm to 1//2in Loc-Line
LGA050LL.jpg

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 39.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.2%
Back