Aquarium and Reef Services for Small Businesses? Let's talk about prices!

OfficeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a topic come up the other day about costs and revenue from aquarium services. I know my local LFS has these services and I will be getting more of their details this week but I'd like to know for those doing this today. Do you typically offer this as a flat rate or as a hourly service? What if I have a pool and spa, koi pond, etc. do you also service those too?

I'm asking this question because I've been able to take care of all of mine for some time now, however I'd like to know what the TCO of these are if I ceased to be and my spouse had to pay for them. I'm also curious because I've had someone ask me to invest in one of these services, however I'm not sure their valuation is reasonable.

Thank you!

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So many factors play into pricing for these services. I'd say one of the biggest factors is your location. Best way to find out is to have several local companies give you a quote.

OP
OP
OfficeReefer

OfficeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So many factors play into pricing for these services. I'd say one of the biggest factors is your location. Best way to find out is to have several local companies give you a quote.
That is a good idea. So far, DNA doesn't do pools and spas too. I was curious if anyone does both?

Cole Carter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want a small business specializing in aquarium and reef services, then you know pricing can make or break your wallet. I encountered it myself ones.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 148 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back