Aquarium Depot purchase.

beamer281

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m kinda disappointEd in aquarium depot. I received my order today dipped them, thank goodness I did. Look At all these critters. Can anyone tell me what all these are Please?
9D750DC7-C991-412F-84FB-22238AABD137.jpeg

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I would be very careful(ie i wouldnt) about putting them in aquarium if you have other zoas. That spider looking thing in upper left is almost certainly a zoa spider. They can bury themselves in slime on zoa and even burrow completely inside polyps. This makes them very difficult to eradicate with dips.

OP
OP
beamer281

beamer281

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh great. I only had 2 other zoas but purchased 4 from them. And placed them in the tank after 1 hour dip. I will keep a close eye on them. Thanks for the information

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very hard to see on my phone... Are they white? Could that be nudibranch? Hopefully someone with a BIG screen can give you a positive ID.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very hard to see on my phone... Are they white? Could that be nudibranch? Hopefully someone with a BIG screen can give you a positive ID.
The one i am referring to is definetely a "spider"....and almost certainly a zoanthid eating spider if it was the n zoas.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one i am referring to is definetely a "spider"....and almost certainly a zoanthid eating spider if it was the n zoas.
Yes, I see the spider now... But those white things don't look like pods to me. This just looks like a mess of bad news all around. So sorry, OP!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back