Aquarium Flow with 2 Canister Filters

0CoolG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

i am very new to the Reef and Saltwater Aquarium. I wanted some advice/help about creating a good flow so in the future i can put create a Reef tank
My setup (black Friday was a good day) -
  • 75 gallon tank
  • Fluval FX4
  • Oase Biomaster Thermo 600
  • 1 wavemaker Jebao SOW-4 (at the moment
I have put in water and got the salinity to a good level, and just put in the live sand. Rocks are next in a few weeks, the design would be 2 rock towers in the meddle of the tank with a gap between them. i am thinking of setting the flow with both water outputs pointing up and put 3 wavemakers ( see pic below)
the idea is that the water will meet in the middle and go down the center and back around

if anyone can give me input on this idea or if there any suggestion how to redo the flow (i also was thinking that the Oase output could point straight down), i want to make it so the reef would have a flow that would moves with the waves

Thank you

Auarium.GIF

Auarium.GIF

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a good plan. I just picked up an sow pump and really like the wave feature!

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a solid initial plan. The good thing about the wave makers is that as you start to recognize the flow patterns and see where the dead spots are forming, you can move them around to your liking. It took me a while to get the flow how I like it.

DED65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the FX6 on my freshwater, nice filters! I did buy extra foam so I could wash one in bleach and have a couple extra sets to rotate.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back