Aquarium net organizer/holder - seek advise on how to declutter

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is everyone doing to organize aquarium nets?

I've looked online, nada. Just lots and lots of nets. We all have nets, we all need nets. I want to keep nets near. I have sizes from tiny to huge. Currently I have them sitting inside tank stand between stand wall and sump wall. Instead, I'm visualizing something inside tank stand mounted over sump so wet nets can drip dry into sump. Thinking I'd like them horizontal about 2" from top of inside tank stand... Hoping there something out there I can modify to declutter inside my display stand. I haven't come across any stiff plastic U shaped something I can cut and mount. Perhaps some type of paper towel holder (qty 2-3), on its side, so one bar mounts to the top of inside tank stand and the other drops & protrudes down that I can slide my nets & handles onto to suspend over sump. I am not OCD, just my current method tangles nets in power cords, etc. Know there are lots of clever reefers out there willing to share how they've decluttered their nets. Thanks for reading and your consideration. Welcome any thoughts.

Zakery Murray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm maybe the air line holders people use, mount it inside the tank wall on the side. Some nets are as thick as airline tubing. IF that doesn't work, ask someone from the 3d forum for some help with mocking something up for it. Good luck with the search tagging along to see what works for you.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Between the 2nd and 3rd section of my sump there is a 2” wide bubble trap
I keep one smaller and a large net in there .
when I need them , I don’t have to hunt for them ,
They are already wet ,
9/10 times full of pods

OP
OP
Fish Think Pink

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Between the 2nd and 3rd section of my sump there is a 2” wide bubble trap
I keep one smaller and a large net in there .
when I need them , I don’t have to hunt for them ,
They are already wet ,
9/10 times full of pods
Interesting solution!

I'd be worried about rusting because some of my nets seem cheap, but I'm glad that is working for you... Might also be a useful tip if i wanted to catch pods to move out of sump into tank. My second chamber has porous rock just for copods to live and breed safely without being eaten, but if any go roaming into third chamber then - pump elevator to display tank and fish can eat pods!

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting solution!

I'd be worried about rusting because some of my nets seem cheap, but I'm glad that is working for you... Might also be a useful tip if i wanted to catch pods to move out of sump into tank. My second chamber has porous rock just for copods to live and breed safely without being eaten, but if any go roaming into third chamber then - pump elevator to display tank and fish can eat pods!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 28
OP
OP
Fish Think Pink

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<bump> currently my nets are in 5 gallon bucket near tank - looks ugly - thought I'd revisit and ask:

What are you doing to organize your wet nets to dry and store (ideally same)?

atomos

52 32 52 20 52 6f 63 6b 73
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wet nets are hooped up on plastic bottle drainer holders and connected to the end of a stainless steel kitchen cart--since the nets are not that wet, I just let the water evaporate off the garage floor unless I get caught by the wife, then I'll put a drying mat underneath.

Dry nets are stored in a container that houses other accessories and knick-knack aquarium items

OP
OP
Fish Think Pink

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wet nets are hooped up on plastic bottle drainer holders and connected to the end of a stainless steel kitchen cart--since the nets are not that wet, I just let the water evaporate off the garage floor unless I get caught by the wife, then I'll put a drying mat underneath.

Dry nets are stored in a container that houses other accessories and knick-knack aquarium items
Would you have photo? That sounds awesome!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back