Aquarium Specialty Celebrates 10 Year Anniversary & Aquarium Specialty Live

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AquaNerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ASL_Logo_drop_shadow.png

Its hard to believe it has been 10 years since I started Aquarium Specialty. Back when Aquarium Specialty was launched we focused on high end dry goods and live corals but it was basically a garage operation for the 1st 18 months before my wife and I moved our little startup into a commercial location.

As the dry goods business grew we had to make the tough decision to halt the livestock portion of the business. There simply wasn't enough time in the day to do both. Fast forward to 2014 and BioTekMarine.com was launched and in 2015 we acquired the AquaNerd.com blog as we continued to hire more staff. In February of this year it was time to move to our current location with twice the space. In doing so, we built a small showroom, coral farm, quarantine system and hired Dane Odom from East Shore Corals to help us run the livestock operation.

Coincidentally this is Aquarium Specialty's 10 year anniversary and we are very excited to be back in the business of selling livestock through Aquarium Specialty Live (ASL)!

Read more about in the AquaNerd blog article and to see the coral gallery.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 129 59.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 29.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 38 17.5%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.0%
Back