• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Aquarium Stand for Sale - $300

Item Price
$300
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Shipping
YES shipping is available

RedoubtReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For folks in Spokane/N. Idaho region:
I built this stand to replace my old one. It is 3/4 Rustic hickory cabinet plywood. There is a defect in the veneer on the left side panel and I've decided to start over. It is structurally sound otherwise. I could patch, sand, and paint this but that's not the finish I'm looking for, so I'm putting it up for sale. The only thing it needs at this point is hinges and I can show you where to buy those. The plywood alone was over $300 and paint and primer were another $100 not to mention the time I've put into this.
The cabinet is dowelled, glued, and pocket screwed and I can send you pictures of the build process if you want. Inside it has 3 coats each of Rustoleum Marine primer and paint. Measures 50" long X 24 3/4" wide X 40" tall. Shipping is available if you arrange it!:beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

IMG_9958.JPG
IMG_9995.JPG
img_9996-jpg.2793389
IMG_9996.JPG

Quoc Vu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You tested that stand with water in the tank? I only see 3/4 plywood as support for the whole tank? Am I missing something? What is supporting the tank under ? I like the look but shouldn't the support be beefier?

OP
OP
RedoubtReef

RedoubtReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will hold. I do have a center support I'm using as a door stop and additional brace that is 80/20 material but I'm keeping that. You are free to add one as you see fit or not. Have you ever seen a commercial stand?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 61 85.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.2%
Back