Aquarium Tech: iPads, Touchscreens and Monitors OH MY!

Do you have a iPad or similar type screen mounted somewhere near your tank for control or display?

• YES

Votes: 138 27.8%
  • NO

Votes: 343 69.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 16 3.2%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Aquarium TECH is awesome! For some it is a hobby within a hobby and all a part of the fun of keeping a reef aquarium. For me the dream was to always have a "tank room" that looked like a mad scientist's lab! Now it just looks like a mad hoarders garage! HA!

Can you even be into tech unless you have some type of "screen" to display graphs and parameters? Let's talk about it today!

Do you have a computer/iPad screen mounted somewhere near your tank for control or display? If so what type and how do you like it?

Share a photo of your display!

image via @Ryanbrs
121095175_167812618296904_737369253023945208_o.jpg

image via @Mical
cab door glass.JPG

Last edited:

stanleo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok no I don't have anything that gives me a heads up display on the equipment but I have a laptop station in my fishroom that I use to record all the information about the tank. When and how much I dose, when my water changes are, test results going back months that track trends, when I changed the carbon, stuff like that. I have the test results tracked in Excel with line graphs that track the ups and downs. Does that count?

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok no I don't have anything that gives me a heads up display on the equipment but I have a laptop station in my fishroom that I use to record all the information about the tank. When and how much I dose, when my water changes are, test results going back months that track trends, when I changed the carbon, stuff like that. I have the test results tracked in Excel with line graphs that track the ups and downs. Does that count?

That counts!!

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not even close to thinking of all these gadgets, one reason , I don’t know anything about tech gadgets for tank ,, two,, I can’t afford fancy things like that

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have an Asus tablet with Windows 10 which was just laying around I use for Apex control in the fishroom\bedroom. Apex Fusion on the Note 20 for anytime access and Wyze cams for a view of the sump for safety. The Asus tablet is dated, but is used solely for Apex control. I have contemplated upgrading, but at this time, the ROI is not worth it.

kabal2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Amazon fire 8", next to my tank for display and sometimes control my apex, I only use for display more than to control
Gabe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Fire 7 tablet but I really don’t like it much. I want to replace it with an iPad so I can use the app instead of the web page. The Apple app is so much better.

That being said now that I have a tablet on my system I would not want to go without one.

fire 7.jpg

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Rev for mentioning mine in pics above. What most people don't realize unless they look close, that monitors 2 tanks. On the left side is my 120, on the right side is my 65. At a glance I can see status of both tanks anytime. Just a cheap mini Ipad off Ebay.

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an old iPad on my frag system but only because the iPad is almost useless now as it runs too slow to be useful elsewhere. I do find it handy for turning things on and off really quickly.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No but I have a unused older nexus tablet that would work fine to do so and have thought about it... I am just lazy and it would require a plug slot to stay charged.

AquaDaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pathetic. I have one at my salt mixing station. Haven't mounted it yet, but it's there... Just an Fire tablet

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back