mini-DSC_0594.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 698

Incoralable

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am resurrecting a nano that has been sitting in my garage for a couple of years. The tank is a 7 gallon, scratch built glass tank. My goal, is to make it look like a much larger tank, even though it is only 20"L x 9"W x 10"H. Playing around with the scape now.

xxPRScape003.jpg

This was the tank a couple of years ago before I broke it down and added everything to my 140. I was basically using it to collect frags for the new tank. Probably should have kept it going though.
ShoeBoxReef1-07.jpg

Servo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

kingfisherfleshy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys...could someone point me in the direction of a thread that talks about drilling/"framing" LR?

I have been searching and cant really find anything specific on it. I want to renew my 75g and open it up a little more for swimming area, but hard to do much else than the conventional rock stacking wall sort of thing.

Looking to get away from that.

I know that I need a masonry bit...planning on using PVC for the frame pieces. Beyond that I am somewhat at a loss.

phi delt reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys...could someone point me in the direction of a thread that talks about drilling/"framing" LR?

I have been searching and cant really find anything specific on it. I want to renew my 75g and open it up a little more for swimming area, but hard to do much else than the conventional rock stacking wall sort of thing.

Looking to get away from that.

I know that I need a masonry bit...planning on using PVC for the frame pieces. Beyond that I am somewhat at a loss.

use threaded acrylic rods and nuts available on the marcorocks site. use their cement to fill in the gaps and hold things together. They sell it in a kit if you are looking for it in bulk.

kingfisherfleshy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
use threaded acrylic rods and nuts available on the marcorocks site. use their cement to fill in the gaps and hold things together. They sell it in a kit if you are looking for it in bulk.

Hmm...just found this. Well I currently have a drill, and lots of big zip ties....so we will see how that works out. Probably better than "cementing" in a running system anyways. Ill do it to my softie reef before my sps's. :D

Back