Aquascaping pictures....

lilkiwi930

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I will be upgrading from a 32g to a 75g fish tank with a sump as well.
I was wondering if everybody can post pictures of there 75g tank or around similar size of there aquascape..
Looking for ideas on how to set up the new tank..
Im soooo excited for the upgrade and would love to see everybodys set ups. :)

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Base (standard 75g)
48716508046_672bfde295_b.jpg

A couple years later
49040187027_24f418a0db_b.jpg

OP
OP
lilkiwi930

lilkiwi930

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@sp1187
@TopShelfAquatics

So I see you used dry rock I am guessing? For dry rock you set it up the way you like and such and put it in the tank. With it being dry does it have to cycle for a certain period of time to start putting things in the tank?? Just curious on how that works.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@sp1187
@TopShelfAquatics

So I see you used dry rock I am guessing? For dry rock you set it up the way you like and such and put it in the tank. With it being dry does it have to cycle for a certain period of time to start putting things in the tank?? Just curious on how that works.
no rock. take a look at my build thread. it will show you how and what I used.

ARAJEA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We used dry. Yes waiting for the cycle is painful but being able to place rocks, come back to it a few hours later and realize you don't like a part of it, fix it, and then do the same all over again is nice. We played with that aquascape for 6 days before we were happy. We did a fishless cycle with ammonia and way more dr Tim's than necessary and it took about 3 weeks. The fish were all in quarantine for longer than that though so it sat empty with small ammonia dosing for a couple weeks.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watched BRS's NSA video a little while back and ordered some rocks and the insta glue cure stuff and mortar. I am waiting on the super glue to come back in stock, but everything else is here. The 15 gallon mini peninsula tank I am making the scape for just arrived today too. I may break down and just go raid all the dollar generals in the area. Can't wait to record that build process.

Daniel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS video was awesome - watched that beginning to end despite the length, the entire process is enlightening and helps shed light on how much energy/attention/style it takes to get these gravity defying structures get built.

OP
OP
lilkiwi930

lilkiwi930

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watched BRS's NSA video a little while back and ordered some rocks and the insta glue cure stuff and mortar. I am waiting on the super glue to come back in stock, but everything else is here. The 15 gallon mini peninsula tank I am making the scape for just arrived today too. I may break down and just go raid all the dollar generals in the area. Can't wait to record that build process.

Cant wait to see what you do with yours :)

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are! The fence is destroyed but every living being is in one piece and I now know the backup battery on my tank works!

sounds lucky. Always good to know the back up systems work.

Still unfortunate to loose things. Hopefully it will be a quick, cheap and easy fix.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.1%
Back