Aquascaping suggestions for a 55 Gallon Acan/Mushroom garden?

MaraRavenous

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! I'm finally approaching completion on my setup of a pair of 55 Gallon tanks, which I know is a bit of an awkward shape, but it's what I have and what I'm prepared for. I intend to use one of them to create a garden of acans and mushroom corals, with some pulsing Xenia growing on the back wall. This tank is for my own enjoyment, though I may sell some of the frags over time if the garden does well. I really love acan lords. My plan for the pairing is mainly because all three of these types of corals do well with lower light and flow and all come from the Indo-Pacific, so I think it will result in a low maintenance and enjoyable aquarium.

I made a thread in lighting for this tank about lighting, but here I am wondering about suggestions on aquascape. I want these corals to thrive and to be able to be fragged, with that in mind I was thinking of a sort of tiered design, starting with low rocks in front, moving to medium, then high. Placing the mushrooms on the underside of each level and letting the acans sit on top. The Xenia will of course have the privilege of living along the walls. Any recommendations for different styles would be useful, as I don't have too much experience with aquascaping. Also rock suggestions that could help me keep the price lower...

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of mounds for the shrooms. They seem to like being on top of all my peaks.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 129 59.7%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 29.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 37 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.2%
Back