aquascaping

mr bojangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi guys.setting up a 40 gallon nano what is your thinking rock or sand first.rock on sand or rock on glass bottom then backfill with sand .would be good to hear your thoughts.

saltyphish

Certified Sand Groomer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always put the rock down first then add sand. This way if you get anything that burrows or tunnels you reduce the risk of a rockslide.

OP
OP
mr bojangles

mr bojangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi. yes i think i will put rocks first.iv always done it the other way.the tank is for my grandson who wants gobys this is his first tank.thanks for the imput.

Len B

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen people use the white egg crate on the bottom to protect the glass,, Not sure if this is good or not,,, I am in the same boat as you , just starting out. I would love to see what others have to say, Sorry for hijacking your thead

OP
OP
mr bojangles

mr bojangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi.no problem been keeping marines over 40 years but these days in the hobby every ones got a different way of doing things.im going to build the scape not to high to avoid rock falls.my son also keeps marines and he says sand first i just like to hear other opinions.this is my grandsons first tank.thanks for the reply

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get some easy to aquascape rock. Reef save or Pukani.

20170213_100750.jpg

Back