• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

AquaSD Poor Experience

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

AquaRaider44

#Reef4Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AquaSD

Disclaimer: I won the Prize 2 - Ultra Acro Pack

I want to start off by saying that the coral selection offered is superb! Not many sellers have this kind of volume and selection. I also want to say that the colors of the coral are accurate to the pictures. The customer support was responsive and very quickly replied most of the time on the thread as well as the email.

I loved all of the coral I received and am thankful I won.

I spent a total of $455.40 which includes the cost of shipping and received a total of 23 corals including the ones I won and the freebie which is about $20 per coral.

I really only have one complaint and that is that part of the corals I received were definitely not fully healed and looked like they were freshly cut in the last month and did not even heal over the edge of the cuts at all yet. I typically never would buy frags like this because I have had issues with bacterial infections on fresh-cut frags. I think these will live as the edge is not still open from cutting however it is disappointing to see a chalice frag, Echinata frag, Acropora millepora frag and others which had not started to encrust over where they were cut.

I guess this is to be expected when suppliers deal on such a large volume. I typically purchase from smaller guys such as my favorite https://myreeftoyours.com/ which also has a decent selection and free shipping and freebies. The frags which are sent out from them are in 100% perfect health and usually, have fully encrusted the sides of cuts as well as the plugs which they are on.

Overall decent experience. I can't really complain because of the great price as well as the freebies and winning. I would overall recommend them to experienced reefers who are looking for an excellent selection and are willing to wait for corals to regrow over cuts.

1563374471385.png

1563374487009.png

1563374501791.png

OP
OP
AquaRaider44

AquaRaider44

#Reef4Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lost two acros so far and the chalice is on the edge. I dipped it again in hopes to save it as it kept receding. The other three acros I won look great and have nice polyp extension funny part is that the ones that died were not healed to the frag plug and the others are at lease somewhat healed. All other corals look great even if they are fairly fresh.

OP
OP
AquaRaider44

AquaRaider44

#Reef4Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted our DM above in which you can see I went above and beyond to provide information and any pics they might want and all I got back was a "Thank you for the reply."

I wasn't expecting a refund or anything and may not have taken one if offered. But I did expect some sort of response which was more personal and some better customer service after I sent details. I expected someone to get back with me after they said thanks for the reply but its now been a couple of weeks and I feel like I was ignored and nobody seems to care. It seems like you have had a similar experience.

I learned that to expect a lot only leads in disappointment. A company will show you what to expect from them.

KPUVtxY.jpg

OP
OP
AquaRaider44

AquaRaider44

#Reef4Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on the lack of responses and care from them I will be looking for other vendors and will NOT be ordering from them again even though they have a nice selection.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please note this thread is in vendor feedback. Outside comments are not permitted with exception to linking a feedback thread of your own in regards to the same vender.

Thanks
Crabs

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back