Aquashella -- I'll be attending for the first time in a few months in Dallas ... question:

kristic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to jump up to a 120-150 gallon AIO tank. (I think.) Would Aquashella be a good place to purchase one -- good deals? Or should I buy elsewhere for a better deal? Or ... have any of you maybe regretted an AIO and wished you had pieced it together yourself? So many what-ifs in my head. Advice would be greatly appreciated.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I started out with AIOs (by AIO I mean tank with internal sump) and gradually grew to hate them with a passion. I'd never get another non-external tank with a separate sump.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to jump up to a 120-150 gallon AIO tank. (I think.) Would Aquashella be a good place to purchase one -- good deals? Or should I buy elsewhere for a better deal? Or ... have any of you maybe regretted an AIO and wished you had pieced it together yourself? So many what-ifs in my head. Advice would be greatly appreciated.
I don't think you are going to find anything in that size. Way too big for anyone to bring without knowing it will sale. Back in the day, you used to get some good deals at MACNA from manufacturers that would setup displays and then not want to ship them back home. Most of the booths at Aquashella are live stuff. Several of the local shops will be there so you might be able to get a good deal from one of them. Your other option is facebook. There are several local reefing facebook groups and there are tanks going up daily on there. Unfortunately it seems the tanks in that size are usually redsea and the people still want thousands for the tank/stand. If you are willing to go external there are tons of great deals. I see tanks in that size range going for under $500.

There is a frag swap in Mansfield on May 7th if you want to get a small taste of Aquashella. Do search for Texas Coral Fest.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back