Aquatic Life Debuts LED/T5HO Hybrid Mounting System Fixture Reef Hobbyists Have Been Waiting For!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

tpack17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What bulbs did you go with reefing? I have 3 xr30pros and went with 2 blue plus and 2 coral plus. Might change CP to actinic

tpack17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
42F401F0-B6CD-4752-8550-B8148208EAF1.jpeg

ReefingwithO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What bulbs did you go with reefing? I have 3 xr30pros and went with 2 blue plus and 2 coral plus. Might change CP to actinic

Currently I have 1 blue plus, 2 coral plus and one aquablue special.

It’s 2 white in my opinion.

I ordered some other bulbs and my final combo will be 2 blue plus on the outsides 1 coral plus and 1 purple plus/ or actinic

tpack17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently I have 1 blue plus, 2 coral plus and one aquablue special.

It’s 2 white in my opinion.

I ordered some other bulbs and my final combo will be 2 blue plus on the outsides 1 coral plus and 1 purple plus/ or actinic
I just tried 2 blue plus and I think I am going with actinic for other two. BA BA

Roggio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just tried 2 blue plus and I think I am going with actinic for other two. BA BA
That's what I did. How many hours do you plan on running them? I've seen where a lot of people don't run the T5' as long as the main source of light on a lot of builds

Reeferon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any plan on changing the power cords so that each cord powers one bulb in the front housing and one bulb in the back housing? This would make a more even light distribution in case you wanted to run 2 bulbs for 12 hours, then the other 2 bulbs for say 7 hours

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any plan on changing the power cords so that each cord powers one bulb in the front housing and one bulb in the back housing? This would make a more even light distribution in case you wanted to run 2 bulbs for 12 hours, then the other 2 bulbs for say 7 hours
That would require entirely new endplates to house the wiring and a totally different design

tpack17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I did. How many hours do you plan on running them? I've seen where a lot of people don't run the T5' as long as the main source of light on a lot of builds
I started out one bank on for one hour. I will work up to two banks for 4 hours max. That’s my plan.

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm assuming that's a 5ft tank? I'd planned to use the two XR15's that I already have and possibly add a 3rd. By the looks of your tank I'm thinking I'll definitely need the 3rd. I'm planning a mixed reef.

tpack17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm assuming that's a 5ft tank? I'd planned to use the two XR15's that I already have and possibly add a 3rd. By the looks of your tank I'm thinking I'll definitely need the 3rd. I'm planning a mixed reef.
Yes,5x2x2. 3 will be fine. My g4’s were fine just looking for faster growth.​

Irsug1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with 2 actinic and 2 coral plus. It' so white my kessils on zero spectrum and 100 intensity hardly improve the color. I'm going to order blue plus and take out the coral plus.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can the 24"light be mounted with 2x Kessil A arms? Like the ones you use to mount the AP 700.

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/ap700-mounting-arm-kessil.html
I already have one for 1 A360, so if I could just buy one more to mount these it would be awesome.

I am thinking about doing Coral+, blue+, blue+, actinic 03 for my bulb combo
As @scuzy noted, I would not put that much strain on the glass. Unless you're mounting those arms to the wall or the stand extensions, don't do it.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We did look into this but it would require wires to connect between the front and back fixtures.

We could not find a good solution to make it work correctly. If anyone has suggestions please let us know.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We did look into this but it would require wires to connect between the front and back fixtures.

We could not find a good solution to make it work correctly. If anyone has suggestions please let us know.
The only way to make it look half way decent would be to extend the end brackets into slotted pieces for the wires to run, or a cap accessory that screws / snaps over the bracket somehow. Might be worth researching as an available accessory for those that want to DIY the fixture up and re-wire things, or allow for a cleaner cabling run.

tpack17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with 2 actinic and 2 coral plus. It' so white my kessils on zero spectrum and 100 intensity hardly improve the color. I'm going to order blue plus and take out the coral plus.
My 3 Radion G4’s could not improve with that combo either.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I already started rounding up parts and will doc. the build. Each bank will have a toggle
toggle.jpg

Roggio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

When in doubt- Blue Plus

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you wanting to turn lamps off and on or turn lamps individual lamps on and off? JUST FYI the HEP ballast are series ballast.
Each bank will have a toggle 2/4 bulb operation, my plan is to have 1 bulb from each fixture per bank. I haven't opened the fixture and am unaware of the challenge of crossing from one to the other as it stands I have some
#18/7 cond low diameter control cable, but i may have to run a small flex conduit 3/8"or 1/2" . The IDEAL solution would be if the connector plates were constructed of square tubing say 3/4" x 2.5" that would give you a natural chase way and a location to mount switches AND a APEX interface.....dimming......????????
upload_2017-11-6_14-30-37.png

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Each bank will have a toggle 2/4 bulb operation, my plan is to have 1 bulb from each fixture per bank. I haven't opened the fixture and am unaware of the challenge of crossing from one to the other as it stands I have some
#18/7 cond low diameter control cable, but i may have to run a small flex conduit 3/8"or 1/2" . The IDEAL solution would be if the connector plates were constructed of square tubing say 3/4" x 2.5" that would give you a natural chase way and a location to mount switches AND a APEX interface.....dimming......????????
upload_2017-11-6_14-30-37.png
Attached is the wiring diagram for the HEP ballast. I will look into what you described. We are looking into the dimming of the unit but not there yet.

IMG_0684.JPG

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back