Aquatic Life Debuts LED/T5HO Hybrid Mounting System Fixture Reef Hobbyists Have Been Waiting For!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about the brackets dont think it takes that long to get some brackets made ?

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
What about the brackets dont think it takes that long to get some brackets made ?
Trying to take into consideration all the setups people discuss, sent us back to the drawing board.

We will not be able to make a set that will work for everyone but we hope for most. It will be a variation of our original Universal fixture hangers. The prototype is in process and will likely launch in December.

It will mount to the stand, not rest on the aquarium.

rlman41299

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are in production and will be shipping around the end of November early December.
Can we get a preview? lol
I am anxiously awaiting and almost pulled the trigger on a 48". Can't seem to wait for it's release.......... have to wait..... wait.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Can we get a preview? lol
I am anxiously awaiting and almost pulled the trigger on a 48". Can't seem to wait for it's release.......... have to wait..... wait.

No please wait, the 61" unit will have 4 60" 80 watt lamps and will include 4 pairs of the universal brackets and 4 of the A360 brackets. Hope you can wait......

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
It's not the 24" wide brackets?
The 24" bracket is in production and they are to allow people to make a larger opening in the middle of the fixture. So the increase in the width will go to just over 23.25" width and give a little over 12" of space in the center. This will allow the AI and Ecotech to mount perpendicular to the T5 as compare to parallel currently. Plus other 12" or less LED fixture with top mounts.

amore169

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m waiting for the 60” unit, but I was hoping to see if you will include lunar lighting?

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went ahead and ordered the 48" light from brs to go over my 6 foot tank. Will be running two radion gen 3 xr30w's for now and probably adding a third.

I went with ati bulbs. 2 blue plus, 1 coral plus and 1 actinic. I hope that gives the color I'm looking for.

Now to just figure out a lighting schedule. Everything will be controlled by apex.

httorihanzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going with the 60 when it comes out. It seems as if most people are going bluer with their bulb choices than I had plannes. I wanted LED's for their controllability of blue and the pop. Figured I would like the T5 do the full spectrum stuff. i.e Blue+, Aquablue Special, LED, Aquablue Special, Blue+... Interested to hear reason why peeps want to go mostly B+ and Actinic for their T5.

Z3speed4me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I am reading based on people that have been doing retrofits for years, most LED's cannot make up the difference of blue, but they can make up the difference of white over the T5's color output.

So basically it's a lot easier to "whiten" the tank with the LED's than it is to make it "bluer" with them.

Royce

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will any places be offering the 60 inch on preorder like BRS did with the other sizes?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The 24" bracket is in production and they are to allow people to make a larger opening in the middle of the fixture. So the increase in the width will go to just over 23.25" width and give a little over 12" of space in the center. This will allow the AI and Ecotech to mount perpendicular to the T5 as compare to parallel currently. Plus other 12" or less LED fixture with top mounts.

This is what I am waiting on!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 39.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.4%
Back