Aquatic Life Debuts LED/T5HO Hybrid Mounting System Fixture Reef Hobbyists Have Been Waiting For!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Tbird2101

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one thing that bums me out is the lack of cooling fans for the T5's.

sternicus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any option for a timer on this? Or is this just gonna have to use the cheap junky ones from Home Depot?

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
The first post shows the hybrid mounting system hung by some mounting arms. Are those going to be the same as the universal mounting arms?
That photo was with the HALO mounting arms. I added a set of eye hooks to them. However, I would not use that long term as all the weight is in the top edge of the aquarium.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Is there any option for a timer on this? Or is this just gonna have to use the cheap junky ones from Home Depot?
We figured that most people with the LED lights would have an aquarium controller that would turn the fixtures on and off. So it would work with everyone's systems. Having used timers in our fixtures in the past there is no easy way to have a timer and then allow it to be controlled by a controller. So we went with no timers.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Can't wait for this to come out!!! Can you fit 3 radions xr30s in the 48' model?
Width is no problem and the length of the 48" will allow three Radion's down the the middle. I measured the Radion's to be around 12" so three is no problem. The 48" will come with 3 pairs of mounting brackets for them too. Nothing else needed other than mounting the fixture.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Would the old universal mounts be a better option since it is attached to the stand? I know those are discontinued not, but I've managed to find one.
It would work, the arms are 11.5" and with the fixture at 18" (9" center) it should allow you to center the fixture on the Universal mounting arms. The only improvement I would suggest is a clamp to prevent the suspension wire from moving on the arm.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
The one thing that bums me out is the lack of cooling fans for the T5's.
There is no need for cooling fans as there is no lens cover. The lamps are using our silicon sockets that keep the lamp moisture proof. This way there is no heat issue with the lamps not functioning to their potential.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I REALLY want some of these!

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm planning a build now to start around the end of Oct...got two XR15 sitting in a box just waiting for this!!!!! :D

sternicus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We figured that most people with the LED lights would have an aquarium controller that would turn the fixtures on and off. So it would work with everyone's systems. Having used timers in our fixtures in the past there is no easy way to have a timer and then allow it to be controlled by a controller. So we went with no timers.

That was a smart decision. Sadly I don't have an apex yet, so I will have to go with timers when this comes out. Thanks for the response!

sternicus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That was a smart decision. Sadly I don't have an apex yet, so I will have to go with timers when this comes out. Thanks for the response!

lillypads reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can we run 2 bulbs at a time or do does all 4 slots need to be filled for it to work?

Thanks

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any update? :D

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Also, I didn't realize until now that you guys are local to me! Are you going to be at RAP?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back