Aquatic Life Debuts LED/T5HO Hybrid Mounting System Fixture Reef Hobbyists Have Been Waiting For!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Fishinbob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AquaticLife have you shipped any of the 24" light rails and brackets yet? Have a 30" wide x 63" long tank and think I will need the extra spread! The 61" fixture is awesome btw!!! Also have a 24" on the 50 cube
bd5b03e50c4d080d8c55fa64a56b78ca.jpg

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had planned on a somewhat involved "rail" system using a half-height 8020 extrusion to affix to the top of the fixture, and the underside of an overhead cabinet system. While doing some work on my frag tank lighting, using some aluminum C channel, the light bulb went off. Instead of all that T-slot nut, drilling, mounting and ordering special lengths of non-stocked half-height 8020, mount the C channel and just slide the fixture in. The plate measures roughly 1-3/8 which will give about 1/8" of play inside of a 1-1/2" wide U channel. This would also hide the power cords, and be as simple as disconnecting them and just sliding the whole thing out to service. Just get some caps, or leave as is, seems almost foolproof.

I don't think airflow would be any concern since these are passive fixtures, but does anyone see a potential down side to this? The LED module clearance isn't an issue, that middle section where my A160WE's would be is past the opening of the cabinet and won't block anything. The extra weight on the cabinet is also a non-issue, it's bracketed into plywood over the wall from the bottom and the top.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
@AquaticLife have you shipped any of the 24" light rails and brackets yet? Have a 30" wide x 63" long tank and think I will need the extra spread! The 61" fixture is awesome btw!!! Also have a 24" on the 50 cube
bd5b03e50c4d080d8c55fa64a56b78ca.jpg
The parts should be arriving this week to widen the fixture and narrow the fixture. Both end plates and LED brackets. I will let everyone know when they arrive. Plus the A160 brackets.

Z3speed4me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping if dimming ballast become available that we can swap them in... assuming it's an easy change.
I really didn't look at the fixture at all, I tried to get it hung as quick as possible.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We considered making an option to make it a T5 6 lamp, wasn't sure it would be popular.
@AquaticLifeProducts any plans to fit your Edge LED fixture into this, the lunar option and timer would be nice
Just checked out your pro fixture- 3 watt crees and a smart controller now that has possibilities

Last edited:

lReef lKeeper

I'm an SPS-aholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run my my Radions opposite of most people's needs. Is there or will there be an option to run the LEDs longways, front to back, or 90° of the normal sideways mount. I've added a pic for clarification.

IMG_20180216_140159749.jpg

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
I run my my Radions opposite of most people's needs. Is there or will there be an option to run the LEDs longways, front to back, or 90° of the normal sideways mount. I've added a pic for clarification.

IMG_20180216_140159749.jpg

The brackets arrived today to run perpendicular. They will be on our site this weekend and at reseller soon.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back