Aquatic Life Debuts LED/T5HO Hybrid Mounting System Fixture Reef Hobbyists Have Been Waiting For!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The decorative covers will be ready in about 6 weeks or less. They will not be included with the black fixtures. We informally found (RAP discussions with customers) about 30% of the people using the fixtures would not need the covers so instead of raising the price to everyone, they will be sold as an accessory for the black units.

The white units will be sold with the decorative covers included as they would likely only be used in a living room type installation.

Let me know if you have additional questions.
When will the white fixtures be for sale?

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The white units are in process. The problem has been the ballast, the lead time is now 60 days. We hope to start selling them in August.

The big change will be that we will not include the 4" round Kessil bracket with this fixture, as the Kessil only come in black, so we will only include the white universal LED brackets with the fixtures. Along with the decorative covers for the end.

I should have some renderings and a final sample to me soon. Maybe I can sneak a few photos.

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exciting! Would love to see the renderings. I'd like to incorporate with my XR15.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was this found to be on the longer fixtures? I've got the 36 and haven't experienced anything like this and was curious if I should keep a look out for it. Thanks!

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bulbs melted to the plastic part of the light and broke bulbs!

Sorry to hear of this. We have heard of this with a few customers but have not been able to replicate it here on my tanks. If anyone has a problem similar to this please contact me before removing the lamps. The few customers I have discussed this with have been able to remove the white plastic from the metal clip if the lamps are cold, so not to break the lamp. Also, one customer ran the lamps for 10 - 15 minutes before removing them and it was freed from the lamp before removal.

Can you let me know if it was all the clips or just certain ones? What lamps are you using for my reference?

We will be glad to ship the metal clips without the white coating to anyone that would like to change them out. Regardless if they have a problem. Just PM me with your address and how many you would want to replace.

New production is using clips without the white coating.

Pmj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was this found to be on the longer fixtures? I've got the 36 and haven't experienced anything like this and was curious if I should keep a look out for it. Thanks!
If u have the white coating on the clips, I'd remove it pre-emptively. Happened on my 48". All good now though.

Picesduh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The white units are in process. The problem has been the ballast, the lead time is now 60 days. We hope to start selling them in August.

The big change will be that we will not include the 4" round Kessil bracket with this fixture, as the Kessil only come in black, so we will only include the white universal LED brackets with the fixtures. Along with the decorative covers for the end.

I should have some renderings and a final sample to me soon. Maybe I can sneak a few photos.

What are some of the other improvements that will come with the the next model of the hybrid light? Also, will you be showcasing it at reefapooloza next month in New York/New Jersey?

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The biggest addition for this version will be the new decorative end caps. It will cover the wires on the ends of the fixture. With being all white, we will not be including the Kessil brackets as the Kessil are not available in white. So only the universal LED brackets will be included.

The unit I will have in NY will be a black model with the new accessory decorative end plates. Plus the fixture hangers that mount to the aquarium stand.

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The biggest addition for this version will be the new decorative end caps. It will cover the wires on the ends of the fixture. With being all white, we will not be including the Kessil brackets as the Kessil are not available in white. So only the universal LED brackets will be included.

The unit I will have in NY will be a black model with the new accessory decorative end plates. Plus the fixture hangers that mount to the aquarium stand.
When are the fixture hangers expected to be available?

rlman41299

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear of this. We have heard of this with a few customers but have not been able to replicate it here on my tanks. If anyone has a problem similar to this please contact me before removing the lamps. The few customers I have discussed this with have been able to remove the white plastic from the metal clip if the lamps are cold, so not to break the lamp. Also, one customer ran the lamps for 10 - 15 minutes before removing them and it was freed from the lamp before removal.

Can you let me know if it was all the clips or just certain ones? What lamps are you using for my reference?

We will be glad to ship the metal clips without the white coating to anyone that would like to change them out. Regardless if they have a problem. Just PM me with your address and how many you would want to replace.

New production is using clips without the white coating.

Yeah the white coating on the clips are sticking to the bulbs and marking the bulbs. Mine is melted to a point that I don't want to touch it for the bulb might break over the tank if I pry it off the clip. :(:(

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah the white coating on the clips are sticking to the bulbs and marking the bulbs. Mine is melted to a point that I don't want to touch it for the bulb might break over the tank if I pry it off the clip. :(:(

We have rarely had the lamps break. When the lamps are operating gently pry the clips and they should release from the lamps. Send me your address and I can get a set of replacement clips on the way to you, ASAP. Or if you would like to call in to discuss I will be glad to help.

rlman41299

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have rarely had the lamps break. When the lamps are operating gently pry the clips and they should release from the lamps. Send me your address and I can get a set of replacement clips on the way to you, ASAP. Or if you would like to call in to discuss I will be glad to help.
Now that is a great customer service !!!! Thank you. Pm'ed you my info. Thanks

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 58 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 64 54.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • None.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.7%
Back