Aquatic Life Debuts LED/T5HO Hybrid Mounting System Fixture Reef Hobbyists Have Been Waiting For!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Studjunior

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is 8*2*2. I'm currently running 4 AI prime HD and 3 AI Hydra 26 HD. As well, I have 4 36 inch T5 (2 bulb) fixtures to supplement. What do you recommend as the best setup if I would get this fixture to house my AI fixtures??

Thanks,

Last edited:
OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure this has been asked but are there plans for a 72" version?

We released the 61" version for the 72" aquariums. Most customers and stores wanted to only replace 4 lamps per fixture instead of the 8 - 36" lamps for the 72". So we made the 61".

What LED are you using or considering?

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is 8*2*2. I'm currently running 4 AI prime HD and 3 AI Hydra 26 HD. As well, I have 4 36 inch T5 (2 bulb) fixtures to supplement. What do you recommend as the best setup if I would get this fixture to house my AI fixtures??

Thanks,

There are several possibilities. I guess I would like to ask maybe what are you keeping in the aquarium and how your layout is now.

How do you have your LED spaced? Prime - 26 - Prime - 26 - Prime - 26 - Prime?

Would you want to push the fixture front and back and expand it to 23.25" width or keep the 18" width for now?

Sorry for all the questions want to make sure I know what you have and would want before I give you suggestions.

If you would like to discuss on the phone send me a PM and I will give you a call.

Studjunior

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is mixed but a higher concentration of SPS planned. Yes, that's exactly how I have my lights spaced. I want to keep it 18" as the tank is built into a wall so I do not have the whole 24" on top.
There are several possibilities. I guess I would like to ask maybe what are you keeping in the aquarium and how your layout is now.

How do you have your LED spaced? Prime - 26 - Prime - 26 - Prime - 26 - Prime?

Would you want to push the fixture front and back and expand it to 23.25" width or keep the 18" width for now?

Sorry for all the questions want to make sure I know what you have and would want before I give you suggestions.

If you would like to discuss on the phone send me a PM and I will give you a call.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For 8 feet if you went with 2 - 48" fixtures you can fit all of the LED fixtures but not sure how you would evenly space the middle Hydra 26 at the center. The inner end plates of the two fixtures would be center location for the 26.

You could always add another 26 to balance the fixtures or try without the middle 26. With the additional 8 - 54 watt lamps, I would hope they would cover its removal to start.

newbreefer316

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did anyone ever find a way to mount the fixture using something like an RMS rail going across the length of the tank? Picking up a 5' Reefer 450 today and was thinking about doing a 60" fixture with a pair of AP700's.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be a lamp. The end of life protection on the ballast will fire or flash the lamps ON and if there is a problem it will shut them off. If it happens again, take the set of lamps that are firing and swap fixtures. See if the problem travels with the lamp or stays with the fixture.

Let me know what you find. If it stays with the fixture shoot me a PM and we can start the process on a replacement.

So i swapped the bulbs from one side to the other.. now the one side works and the other side flickers and goes off.. seems like having 4 lamps lit up at the same time is too much?? I dunno but all 4 won’t work at once

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually if it traveled with the lamps that means one of the two lamps in that pair is the problem. If you number the lamps to keep track, you should be able to narrow the problem down to one lamp.

Let me know.

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually if it traveled with the lamps that means one of the two lamps in that pair is the problem. If you number the lamps to keep track, you should be able to narrow the problem down to one lamp.

Let me know.

So you’re saying I have a defective bulb possibly? Or the fixture itself?

Raxnar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've skimmed through this entire thread but still have a question.

There are lots of Res Sea Reefer's including the 250's like my own but I have not seen one Deluxe model with the 2 AI Hydra 26 lights. The lights should fit the hybrid fixture no problem.

My question is has anyone mounted the Hybrid fixture with the mounting arms the Deluxe version reefer comes with? Can these arms accommodate the weight of a 36" fixture?

It would be fantastic if just mounting the lights in the hybrid fixture would do the trick, would make for one clean install!

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those lights direct mount to glass, I would not want to risk all that leveraged weight on a couple of arms on a few square inchs of glass. Even if it holds, what if you bump into the fixture by accident? I've done it a couple times so far, I could only imagine hearing SNAP/CRACK after doing so.

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So jacked up... Im getting one of the first white fixtures today... Can anyone show me how they mounted it to the ceiling, so I can buy the stuff I need... This is my mount for my ATI fixture... just wanna make sure i have everything I need..
d84563838d5a7fbcff8c9c2170eee4da.jpg

I will take pictures as Im hanging it up today... cant wait to see how well its gonna look with my white cabinets in our house and on my reefer

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So jacked up... Im getting one of the first white fixtures today... Can anyone show me how they mounted it to the ceiling, so I can buy the stuff I need... This is my mount for my ATI fixture... just wanna make sure i have everything I need..
d84563838d5a7fbcff8c9c2170eee4da.jpg

I will take pictures as Im hanging it up today... cant wait to see how well its gonna look with my white cabinets in our house and on my reefer

It should attach the same as what looks like are Aquaticlife ceiling mounts. The J hook you likely have now will work with the suspension hardware included with the fixture.

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again Dave... I really appreciate your awesome relationship you make with your customers... Your service went anove and beyond my expectations... proud to own two Aquatic Life fixtures

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again Dave... I really appreciate your awesome relationship you make with your customers... Your service went anove and beyond my expectations... proud to own two Aquatic Life fixtures

Thank you! Can’t wait to see how it looks.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back