Aquatic Life Debuts LED/T5HO Hybrid Mounting System Fixture Reef Hobbyists Have Been Waiting For!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should attach the same as what looks like are Aquaticlife ceiling mounts. The J hook you likely have now will work with the suspension hardware included with the fixture.

I only have one set of those and they are currently being used on the ATI setup... Is that something im gonna have to order or can I pick that up at a hardware store?

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again Dave... I really appreciate your awesome relationship you make with your customers... Your service went anove and beyond my expectations... proud to own two Aquatic Life fixtures
Yup, Dave is great to deal with and is fully supportive of some weird things us users are doing to his fixture ;)

Raxnar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those lights direct mount to glass, I would not want to risk all that leveraged weight on a couple of arms on a few square inchs of glass. Even if it holds, what if you bump into the fixture by accident? I've done it a couple times so far, I could only imagine hearing SNAP/CRACK after doing so.

Good point!

I just love the minimalist look of the 2 AI Hydra26 lights so much, the thought of a larger fixture kind of bugs me. BUT if I want a truly mixed reef with sps I think I may have to. Though the sps I have directly below the ai lights appear to be thriving.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with the fixture for two reasons: so I could recycle use of my lower powered Kessil A160's on my larger tank and as it shifts to a lot of acropora, shadowing is something I want to avoid as much as possible.

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my 61” yesterday and paired with 2 Kessil AP700s. The fixture had some cosmetic damage, but will be inside a canopy. Easy to install and works great!

I am using 2 blue plus and 2 actinic for bulbs.

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
38a5f0d197ff88e5d9e88170e01a0693.jpg
c9c2dea23202ba4adaf1bd757d7d6c01.jpg
e2670e7476d9f2e827a78ea825ee9c11.jpg
f1e44ecbc67cc439080b140583a3e90f.jpg

Assembling... so far, very sexy!!!

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dcc6e671d17936318f2f7d9529a1b9ae.jpg
004559454928483fc21575ed10b4412f.jpg
42a326bdf50f4188ac707e0f3cbfa42d.jpg

Finally finished.... whoooooo!!! That was a mission... its officially a whitted out reefer... looks gorgeous... Ill get some good daytime photos in the morning so everyone can see hiw ****** it looks... thanks again Dave!!!

That lift looks amazing over your Reefer !!! Loving the white! Solid choice! Looks amazing & SEXY !!

BantyRooster97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BantyRooster97 said:
I was talking more about the backside of the fixture, not the left & right where these new pieces go. I need to get the power cables to wrap around the backside & come together to go down my mounts.

I have an idea that might work. Thanks for the suggestion. Now going to see how to get it made.

@AquaticLifeProducts Did you ever figure anything out for mounting the cords on the back side of the light? (sorry if I missed your reply)

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BantyRooster97 said:
I was talking more about the backside of the fixture, not the left & right where these new pieces go. I need to get the power cables to wrap around the backside & come together to go down my mounts.

@AquaticLifeProducts Did you ever figure anything out for mounting the cords on the back side of the light? (sorry if I missed your reply)

be11ef6cc1bb75c7df9e5ffb7eadda91.jpg

I just ran it across the back with these cord mounters... looks clean

BantyRooster97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, I do like that. I was hoping Aquaticlife would give me some kind of better option, that would actually attach using that rear channel, but those are a pretty good idea. I have plenty of those laying around.

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, I do like that. I was hoping Aquaticlife would give me some kind of better option, that would actually attach using that rear channel, but those are a pretty good idea. I have plenty of those laying around.

Id have to admit... I was ready to start drinking again putting it all together and hanging, but in the end... it looks crazy good... I have all the wires coming out on one side, looks really clean... My wife was ticked I was hanging that thing lastnight, but she woke up this morning and saw it and was shocked how great it looked in our house... hahahahhaha

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
BantyRooster97 said:

For now all of the fixtures have the power cords along the side of the fixture. In development is the dimmable Hybrid with a single power cord that would come out the back of the fixture. We are looking at beginning of the year for this model.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 61 85.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.2%
Back