Aquatic Life Debuts LED/T5HO Hybrid Mounting System Fixture Reef Hobbyists Have Been Waiting For!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AquaticLifeProducts Maybe I missed it in the thread somewhere but I would like to get one of the Hybrid fixtures. Any chance in the future both power cords will be on the same end? This is the only thing stopping my from buying one. I know the end caps are to hide the cords a bit but one of them would still be noticeable running down the side of the unit.

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AquaticLifeProducts Maybe I missed it in the thread somewhere but I would like to get one of the Hybrid fixtures. Any chance in the future both power cords will be on the same end? This is the only thing stopping my from buying one. I know the end caps are to hide the cords a bit but one of them would still be noticeable running down the side of the unit.

cf96facf828149eeba768adedd767a43.jpg

Can hardly tell on mine... and no one has said a word about it...

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The only solution for you right now, aside from waiting for their higher end single cord fixture, is to do the wiring mod that some of us have done.

t5_joined
by Kyl, on Flickr

KrisC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome news about the rebate for us Canadians. Thanks I will go with the 48". I would definitely be in on ordering the ceiling mounts.

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I installed this fixture I wasn't happy with all the wires hanging off the back and didn't like the way I mounted it. I had my vacation last week and instead of going somewhere decided to stay home and take care of some of the things that needed to be done around the house, including cleaning up the lighting mess around the tank. I built a light box to hide the fixture along with a power strip and all the wires and hung it from the ceiling.

Inside the box is the power strip and all the wires associated with the lighting. The only wire hanging
in the back now is the one wire for the power strip.
nIlYV7wl.jpg

It looks like it's floating in the air. Just need to paint the patched holes and hang the wall clock now.
XwYkc3vl.jpg

Another angle and my boy wanting to come in.
H89uLtUl.jpg

Natedogg559

Nathan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered a 48" white fixture. I am about to buy a 47" wide Red Sea Reefer. Will the overhang of the fixture look bad?? Should I have bought a 36" fixture?

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sorry not for the black or white version. The new dimmable will have a single power cord but it will come out the back of the fixture along with the 0 - 10V.

pluikens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AquaticLifeProducts Did you have the estimated cost for the dimmable versions? Specifically the 48". Just trying to decide if I should pull the trigger on a current model or wait for the advanced features.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AquaticLifeProducts Did you have the estimated cost for the dimmable versions? Specifically the 48". Just trying to decide if I should pull the trigger on a current model or wait for the advanced features.

At this time it looks like the retail would be around $599.00 This would be 0 -10V control for the each ballast and the front and back sections would have one ballast control a lamp in the front and the back. It would use the same LED mounts as the current 18" version. Fully assembled with a slightly taller profile.

pluikens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much! Looking forward to replacing my 4x54 watt fixture over my 90 grow out tank with one of the current models. I'm glad to see you're developing new products but for my use, I think flipping on the T5s during the high light hours will be sufficient. Thanks again.

ashr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this time it looks like the retail would be around $599.00 This would be 0 -10V control for the each ballast and the front and back sections would have one ballast control a lamp in the front and the back. It would use the same LED mounts as the current 18" version. Fully assembled with a slightly taller profile.

Could you give me an idea on Canadian cost for a 24"? I am also in the same boat haha
Will there be an option for a none dimmable with only one power cord?

amore169

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I keep repeating myself but with the new unit coming out would you give the option for lunar lighting? I wouldn’t mind paying extra.

Back