Aquatic Life Debuts LED/T5HO Hybrid Mounting System Fixture Reef Hobbyists Have Been Waiting For!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
20181030_223612.jpg
20181030_223630.jpg

So yea, it appears I have the white clips and while taking a further look, they appear to have burn marks on them. I'm guessing I can just cut the white parts off and I should be fine right?

Yes they will peel off the metal clip. Let us know if any problems.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is why I can't say enough about @AquaticLifeProducts, specifically Dave. These just showed up, and it may or may not involve supporting some additional fixtures ;) Should be able to get some pictures this weekend.

brackets.jpg

Thanks again Dave, haven't had a company work with me in such capacity across any of my hobbies, and I've been in some niche ones that you think there would be some very personal service.

JMetaxas

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received the 3rd of my Ecotech XR30W Gen 4's which are being installed in my Aquatic Life 61" T5 Hybrid unit. It will go over my 180 gallon tank which is coming together nicely !!

Tomorrow I route the cables and install the end caps which I bought directly from Aquatic Life.

Kyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And just a quick update for everyone: we'll soon have official support for most of the black boxes on the market with a max width of 214mm, without requiring the rather long 24" brackets. These current ones are just under 19.5" wide, so it's a nice tight fit, approximately 1mm free on each side. I've rough fitted a Mars Aqua 165w box in it tonight, this should work very well for people that wanted black box support but without wasting the space that the 24" brackets create.

Elgringodiablo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size are the channels and t-nuts that the hanging cables attach to? I am looking into attaching one of my 36" fixtures to a pair of adjustable 8020 arms attached to my stand. Trying to figure out the most secure way to attach without drilling holes in the T5 units.

Kyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The T slot bolts are M5, and the default ones don't leave much room on the threads to secure to something if it's running through any type of profile.

Here's an example of what I mean:

AL_screws_3 by Kyl, on Flickr

The bolt on the left is the default, the right are some custom ones. I needed longer to safely affix them to my aluminum profiles, else there was only about 3-4 threads to secure everything.

Last edited:

Elgringodiablo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The T slot bolts are M5, and the default ones don't leave much room on the threads to secure to something if it's running through any type of profile.
I was planning to remove the stock ones and place new t-nuts in the slots. I think they are 8mm, but I can't be sure without taking my existing fixture down and seeing what fits.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
I measured the base of the T to be 6.7mm. The longer screws that Kyl mentions I have here if you want them. I can put some in the mail just PM your address.

Jeremy K.A.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was about to order the light and the mounts and decided not to, $50 per mount. Nope, just my opinion but wanted to share

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Good Morning!!!

We are pleased to announce that GHL is distributing the AquaticLife Hybrids in Europe. The configuration is a little different so that it will accommodate the GHL Mitras. Please let us know if you have questions or please feel free to contact GHL directly.

Hybrid_Black.jpg

Whipples

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance we can get the hardware used to accomodate the Mitras here in the states? :) Congrats on getting another distribution channel!

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Any chance we can get the hardware used to accomodate the Mitras here in the states? :) Congrats on getting another distribution channel!

Thanks, I have them in stock here now. Give us a call or send me a PM and I can get you pricing. I have around 20 sets to "test" the waters on the size. It takes the fixtures close to 19.5" wide. I have the decorative covers and the LED brackets.

Kyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW those "GHL" brackets will fit black boxes (that measure 8-1/4"), just barely, and requires slimmer head screws, but better than having to run the 24" bracket set.

I need to get some free time this weekend to get some shots. Zero time for the tanks lately.

Dennis Cartier

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sockets have been fine, it’s the lamp clips that have given me some hit or miss problems. If the lamp clips have the white coating I would remove just in case. Or send me a PM with your address and I will mail out a set.

If the clips are silver, no changes needed.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

The clips aren't a big issue, just warm up the tubes and be very careful pulling the tongs back so you don't snappy snappy the bulb. Takes like a minute of the ballast being on and they un-stick.

Doh I wish I had read this yesterday before attempting to change an Actinic bulb out. The clip was melted to the bulb and the T5 bulb exploded while attempting to get the bulb released. Of course I did it while the light was off thinking that would be the best time to do it. All the clips on my units are covered in the white goop. I replaced the clip on the unit with the bits of bulb still stuck to it with one from another unused unit (also white). I have 1 x 48" unit and 5 x 24" units. Guess I will need to replace all the clips on all the units to avoid this from occurring again.

Dennis

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Doh I wish I had read this yesterday before attempting to change an Actinic bulb out. The clip was melted to the bulb and the T5 bulb exploded while attempting to get the bulb released. Of course I did it while the light was off thinking that would be the best time to do it. All the clips on my units are covered in the white goop. I replaced the clip on the unit with the bits of bulb still stuck to it with one from another unused unit (also white). I have 1 x 48" unit and 5 x 24" units. Guess I will need to replace all the clips on all the units to avoid this from occurring again.

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

Send me your address and I can get replacement clips out for you so you have them when you replace lamps in the future.

bckey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dave,
Any chance in the future of making the lights accommodate the compact version of the Orphek Atlantic V4? And any date when the 1 cord version will be out? Thanks.

Brian

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Dave,
Any chance in the future of making the lights accommodate the compact version of the Orphek Atlantic V4? And any date when the 1 cord version will be out? Thanks.

Brian

Hi Brian,

I will need to review the space requirements for the Orphek, Currently we have four fixture width options, I’m hoping one will fit.

As for the single power cord we are working on the dimmable version now, aluminum extrusion is done, just a few plastic pieces to work out. This unit will be fixed at the 18” width with no modifications available due to the wiring between the fixtures. Plus we are adding a new feature I hope everyone will like.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 34.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back