Aquatic Life Debuts LED/T5HO Hybrid Mounting System Fixture Reef Hobbyists Have Been Waiting For!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just hung my system and I'd like to do some better cable management in the back. It seems like there is a t-slot in the back that I could use. Is that right? If so, what size is it?

Z3speed4me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is exciting, you think the 48" would be fine for a 59" tank, not much on the far ends anyway? I think most people actually don't buy the larger fixture for 5 ft tanks anyway... I'd def love to upgrade to a 6 bulb setup that's dimmable (and white)!

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Just hung my system and I'd like to do some better cable management in the back. It seems like there is a t-slot in the back that I could use. Is that right? If so, what size is it?

I have the metal anchors but they only have a single screw hole, not sure they would work for routing cords. I have seen some on here use the zip tie mounts on the back of the fixture. Would that work?

If you want to try the metal anchors send me a PM and I can get a few in the mail.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
This is exciting, you think the 48" would be fine for a 59" tank, not much on the far ends anyway? I think most people actually don't buy the larger fixture for 5 ft tanks anyway... I'd def love to upgrade to a 6 bulb setup that's dimmable (and white)!

I would agree the 48" would be fine, the same as the 61" on the 72" tanks. I was discussing the 6 lamp with people here today and when I have the 4 lamp complete I will be looking into what extrusions we would need for the 6 lamp option.

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the metal anchors but they only have a single screw hole, not sure they would work for routing cords. I have seen some on here use the zip tie mounts on the back of the fixture. Would that work?

If you want to try the metal anchors send me a PM and I can get a few in the mail.
I was planning to 3D print a hook/holder of some sort. I'll send you a PM :)

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could easily print an insert to slide in that T channel. Actually that's a great idea that I probably should have done already to do mine. Thanks for the inspiration ;)

COreef8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think we could only make a 36" and 48" with 6 lamps, not sure if we can fit two 24 watt ballast in one side of the extrusion.

Heat should not be a problem but we would review before we make the extrusion. With the lamps in the open, should be ok.

Thanks again for the insight and suggestions.

No thank you! The time you’ve put into customer service and actually listening to and researching what people want is what sets your company apart from other manufacturers in the best way. Very refreshing.

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For some reason I did not see any smaller screws. I only had the bigger ones left over. I’m assuming this only stops it from sliding right or left. In that case this will be fine sticking up correct?

E25EEA9C-025C-417A-8C37-70D48B5F744C.jpeg

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
For some reason I did not see any smaller screws. I only had the bigger ones left over. I’m assuming this only stops it from sliding right or left. In that case this will be fine sticking up correct?

E25EEA9C-025C-417A-8C37-70D48B5F744C.jpeg

Should have been a shorter set of screws included. I can get them out for you.

Last edited:

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say 10 feet on the cord is enough, granted I single cord mod mine so don't run into the having to run one of them around the profile to match lead ends.

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10’ prob fine. I hoped up a 6’ extension cord to mine .

Sheriff1935

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No 61” on your site please let me know when will they be in stock. Also I want to use your “slim tank” set up but your site doesn’t mention if that set up with work for radion xr30s please advise.
Thanks

cloggins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No 61” on your site please let me know when will they be in stock. Also I want to use your “slim tank” set up but your site doesn’t mention if that set up with work for radion xr30s please advise.
Thanks

I believe you have to order the 61" fixtures from 3rd parties like MD, or BRS.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was planning to 3D print a hook/holder of some sort. I'll send you a PM :)
If you can get a short screw and tee nuts something like this will work for zip tyes
30EK67_AW01

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back