Aquatic Life Debuts LED/T5HO Hybrid Mounting System Fixture Reef Hobbyists Have Been Waiting For!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ReefyB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m about to try installing my new fixture into the ceiling but this is my first time doing this. I don’t think I have any studs where I’d need them (at least as far as I could tell with the stud finder) so I went to the store and bought these:
6D74F899-DF18-4D38-B930-52C2192AD69A.jpeg

Will either of these work and support the weight if I go straight into the ceiling (which I assume is just drywall)? The significant other already isn’t excited about me mounting from the ceiling and I know if I rip open a hole up there I’ll never hear the end of it. TIA!

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking hard about getting the 36 inch. Does anyone have it directly mounted to 8020? I can't hang mine from the ceiling so I'm searching the thread for options of what others have done.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Yes, that is correct. The dimmable unit with the additional cost of the ballast, plus the fact that we will need to ship fully assembled will push the pricing higher.

We are making it so that all the 18" LED brackets for the existing unit will work with the new 18" dimmable unit, keeps the parts list down and the tooling costs.

Shoob1e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, that is correct. The dimmable unit with the additional cost of the ballast, plus the fact that we will need to ship fully assembled will push the pricing higher.

We are making it so that all the 18" LED brackets for the existing unit will work with the new 18" dimmable unit, keeps the parts list down and the tooling costs.
How much more and time frame? I'm just about ready for a fixture with 4 primes to add to it

ashr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,

My front ballast has stopped working today. Both bulbs try and fire up but do not. I have tried different bulbs and such but still no luck. I did register for the extra warranty. Do I go through where I bought it or through you guys?
Thanks!

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Hey,

My front ballast has stopped working today. Both bulbs try and fire up but do not. I have tried different bulbs and such but still no luck. I did register for the extra warranty. Do I go through where I bought it or through you guys?
Thanks!

We can help. Just want to make sure that it’s the fixture. Can you move the working set of lamps to the non working fixture and the non working lamps to the working? With the ballast flashing it sounds like a bulb is out causing both lamps not to fire. It’s a safety feature with T5 ballast.

Let me know, you can reach us at [email protected]

ashr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We can help. Just want to make sure that it’s the fixture. Can you move the working set of lamps to the non working fixture and the non working lamps to the working? With the ballast flashing it sounds like a bulb is out causing both lamps not to fire. It’s a safety feature with T5 ballast.

Let me know, you can reach us at [email protected]

That worked!! I had forgotten about that!! Thanks Dave :)

JBKReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Love seeing all these updates regarding the dimmable fixture. Super excited to get this over my tank.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back