Aquatic Life Debuts LED/T5HO Hybrid Mounting System Fixture Reef Hobbyists Have Been Waiting For!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Peppe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
guys I read several users around who change the ballasts by mounting those of the Powermodule ati or others even more performing; can you give me explanations? aren't the ballasts of this hybrid structure very efficient?

Goneaway562

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was going to wait for the wall mount to be released but figured I could just hang the 48in fixture from the ceiling. What do you suggest using as hardware for the 48in fixture with two XR15's and one XR30?

Thanks!

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Dave, I just returned from the website and I no longer see the parts section? Im looking for The T-nut studs for mounting the Hybrid fixture. I can get M6's but not sure if that's correct.
I also took a better look at the new one, I like the symmetrical look , should do well for those looking for a more designer Look.
thanks

javisaman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked at the Red Sea LED today and it looks like you can remove the top of the LED and exchange out the screw to mount to our universal LED bracket. Our M4 screw threads into the heat sink no problem and it looks like you would need a screw length of 30 - 32 mm in length. Looking to see if I can locate a M4 screw with a 32 mm length and screw head diameter of around 7.9mm so that the cover could be reattached over the fan. One of the local stores did something similar and it looked pretty good. Will keep everyone updated.

Any update if the RedSea ReefLED can be mounted?

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Kyl I may just grab these and wet grind the heads down to fit the channel, it's the head thickness im concerned with....m5 gives me no info
s-l500.jpg

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're not a standard size t slot bolt, I can tell you that. When I get home I can get the calipers out, since I can't find where I sent a message that had the dimensions. Dave is usually pretty quick with an answer if you PM.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
guys I read several users around who change the ballasts by mounting those of the Powermodule ati or others even more performing; can you give me explanations? aren't the ballasts of this hybrid structure very efficient?

Sorry for the late reply, the notifications don't seem to be coming to me. The ballast that we use are the HEP ballast. Last time I looked this was still the ballast used by ATI and others.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
So I was going to wait for the wall mount to be released but figured I could just hang the 48in fixture from the ceiling. What do you suggest using as hardware for the 48in fixture with two XR15's and one XR30?

Thanks!

As long as you mount into a strong support a standard J hook for wood into your ceiling will be perfect. Some will use drywall mounts but that is personal preference on that. I try for wood, the suspension wires can slide the length of the fixture so that will allow some flexibility on placement of the wires above the fixture.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I would appreciate that, I am doing a 80/20 and am going to mount the fixture directly to the extrusion. 11mm please:) @ 8 pc. BTW that pic with the redsea lights, It looks like you have plastic end caps on the light fixture?...... I was thinking about mounting each fixture independently of one another onto the 80/20 but would have to make end caps...I sometimes think too much:confused: Thanks

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Will do, same address? Will be in the mail tomorrow.

They hybrid is still aluminum, the new corners on the Dimmable are injection molded plastic.....the rest is aluminum.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I would appreciate that, I am doing a 80/20 and am going to mount the fixture directly to the extrusion. 11mm please:) @ 8 pc. BTW that pic with the redsea lights, It looks like you have plastic end caps on the light fixture?...... I was thinking about mounting each fixture independently of one another onto the 80/20 but would have to make end caps...I sometimes think too much:confused: Thanks
I suggest you ask for 10, just in case you snap one, etc. I love having the fixture direct mounted, zero issues so far with mine (did an under over-head cabinet mount).

Peppe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the late reply, the notifications don't seem to be coming to me. The ballast that we use are the HEP ballast. Last time I looked this was still the ballast used by ATI and others.

I don't know, but that's what I've read. now I have purchased 1 aquatic life hibrid 4x39w, and 2 Mitras LX 7204. can you tell me how to hook the 2 mitras to the structure?

Back