Aquatic Life Debuts LED/T5HO Hybrid Mounting System Fixture Reef Hobbyists Have Been Waiting For!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Where can I find these? I looked on the site, but I'm not seeing them.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AquaticLifeProducts
Any news on availability on the 48" , I am currently assembling a new tank and hope to have water in a week.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Got my eye on the 36" fixture, I already have a pair of kessils just waiting to go in it

tankstudy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fixture at the show was a 36" unit and it was supported by the Halo arms. It did work but I do not like that much weight on the aquarium glass. It would be better to use a mount that attached to the stands to support the weight.

It would be great if you could make/design a matching mount that attaches to the stand. DIY mounts work to a certain degree but I don't have the skills to make them look sleek or the tools/skills to make them have adjustable heights.

That is the only thing holding me back on jumping on one.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AquaticLifeProducts
Any news on availability on the 48" , I am currently assembling a new tank and hope to have water in a week.
We are still on track for an October launch. Should be closer to the middle of October.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be great if you could make/design a matching mount that attaches to the stand. DIY mounts work to a certain degree but I don't have the skills to make them look sleek or the tools/skills to make them have adjustable heights.

That is the only thing holding me back on jumping on one.
Have you ever seen the universal mounts we sold a few years back for the T5 fixtures? Is that what you would be looking to use?

aquatic-life-universal-fixture-hanger-pair-2fe.jpg

tankstudy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you ever seen the universal mounts we sold a few years back for the T5 fixtures? Is that what you would be looking to use?

aquatic-life-universal-fixture-hanger-pair-2fe.jpg

Yep, looking for something just like that but are those screw plates adjustable? Might be a bit too tall for my stand if those plates are soldered.

Also do those arms have extra slots/holes at the top to move the lights forwards and backwards to adjust to our tanks width?

If these are pretty versatile arms, sign me up for a fixture + arms. I've been thinking about hybridizing for a long time!

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, looking for something just like that but are those screw plates adjustable? Might be a bit too tall for my stand if those plates are soldered.

Also do those arms have extra slots/holes at the top to move the lights forwards and backwards to adjust to our tanks width?

If these are pretty versatile arms, sign me up for a fixture + arms. I've been thinking about hybridizing for a long time!
Let me see if I can find the instructions for the arms we stopped selling them, but I could start again if people will use them for the Hybrid.

Kayvon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first post shows the hybrid mounting system hung by some mounting arms. Are those going to be the same as the universal mounting arms?

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are our HALO mounting arms that I used at the show. They only attach to the frame of an aquarium and I would not feel comfortable long term to use them to support the T5 HO Hybrid fixture. The weight I think is too much for the glass.

Kayvon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would the old universal mounts be a better option since it is attached to the stand? I know those are discontinued not, but I've managed to find one.

Back