Aquatic Life Debuts LED/T5HO Hybrid Mounting System Fixture Reef Hobbyists Have Been Waiting For!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

gobble

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We will launch the wall mounts next week. I’m at RAP this week. Let me take a few photos to share.

Do you know when I'll be able to buy them? I need to decide quickly here if I put the universal mounts behind this new tank (and never be able to remove them) or put the new tank on the stand (and never be able to add the universal mounts). My stand is assembled and ready for the ~400 pound tank to be lifted on it. I need to get a bunch of guys together to help and my wife is giving me a hard time about getting it out of the back of her SUV.

COreef8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I see that the back of the light fixture screws on to the bracket of the wall mount. How far from the wall can the light be mounted with the new floating mount? For my tank, in order for the fixture to be centered on the tank (front to back) the back of the light fixture would have to be 5-6" from the wall, is this possible with the new mount?

kkiel02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what would you say is the reach on the wall mount kit? Is a 30” width tank good with the light centered? Depending on how far from the wall the tank is of course.

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
For some reason I cannot open this file. Can u do a screenshot?

Since there is no 60" fixture planned, I may have to settle for 2 x 36". Was hoping I only would need 2 wall brackets still instead of 4 total. Is that possible?

The reefbuilders link is below. Hope that works correctly.

60" dimmable is not possible with the HEP ballast supplier. We are discussing the same dimmable housing with the standard ballast but that is a few months out for production.

Sorry, the wall mounts will work one pair per fixture.

https://reefbuilders.com/2019/04/09/dx18-dimmable-hybrid-t5ho-fixture-from-aquaticlife/

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
So what would you say is the reach on the wall mount kit? Is a 30” width tank good with the light centered? Depending on how far from the wall the tank is of course.

We are only able to push the fixture off the wall a maximum of 3.75" with an 18" fixture that would not center it over a 30" width tank.

I will create a new thread this week showing the wall mounts with the dimmable that I'm going to use over our 120 that I'm setting up now.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Ok let me check. I should be able to have them go live today for the floating suspension kits.

I believe all the companies that have the dimmable on order have the floating on order too.

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love to see how that works out with the kessil mounts. Please post pictures. I have 4 360x's and didn't like the look of the hybrid in my living space. With no canopy there was a lot of spillage.
How high off water were they mounted? Im considering 61" to combine with my 2x ap700s for my 180g and dont want any light spill as I don't have a canopy.

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cant find the new wall brackets on brs.

Would they work with your older 61" non-dimmable model?

Have a 180g standard and trying to figure out the best route to pair with my ap700s.

- I prefer the dx18 so its only one ac cord but unsure if a 48" would be sufficient over a 72" tank, and dont wanna spend for 2x36

- would like to hang the 61" model on this arch above my tank, which is 14" wide. AL said it's worrisome bc the brackets might slide when bumped and tilt. But is there a way to lock in those brackets on the fixture?

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Cant find the new wall brackets on brs.

Would they work with your older 61" non-dimmable model?

Have a 180g standard and trying to figure out the best route to pair with my ap700s.

- I prefer the dx18 so its only one ac cord but unsure if a 48" would be sufficient over a 72" tank, and dont wanna spend for 2x36

- would like to hang the 61" model on this arch above my tank, which is 14" wide. AL said it's worrisome bc the brackets might slide when bumped and tilt. But is there a way to lock in those brackets on the fixture?

Yes the new brackets will work with the original units.

Do you have a picture of the arch that you can share or send to me in a PM?

With a 72" I would lean to a 61".

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the new brackets will work with the original units.

Do you have a picture of the arch that you can share or send to me in a PM?

With a 72" I would lean to a 61".
Here it is. If I go with the 61", i really want to find all the mods needed to make the mount as clean and low profile as possible. So the end caps to re-route or hide AC wires, etc.

Wife will kill me as there is no canopy
651039415a0a7c08ce11ddb0f8da01a4.jpg
c99044c6e4d262a1f385d4b5b23d31ca.jpg

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back