Aquatic Life Debuts LED/T5HO Hybrid Mounting System Fixture Reef Hobbyists Have Been Waiting For!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The floating suspension can only push the fixture off the wall around 3.75". With the tank at 24" + 5" off the wall center of the tank is 17" off the wall and the front of the tank at 29".

The front of the fixture would only be placed at the most 3.75" + 18" or 21.75" leaving around 7" of space at the front.

I do not think the floating suspension would be a good option. I'm not sure what to suggest.

I do have some longer 8 foot suspension wires if this would be long enough to reach the ceiling?

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The floating suspension can only push the fixture off the wall around 3.75". With the tank at 24" + 5" off the wall center of the tank is 17" off the wall and the front of the tank at 29".

The front of the fixture would only be placed at the most 3.75" + 18" or 21.75" leaving around 7" of space at the front.

I do not think the floating suspension would be a good option. I'm not sure what to suggest.

I do have some longer 8 foot suspension wires if this would be long enough to reach the ceiling?
So you dont think I could hang the 61" fixture like this? Obviously balanced and not like crappy drawing haha?
Also, I dont think I need the fixture to cover the full 24" width, because isnt there some spread anyway from t5s?
cec5fe9097cedeb7fecfdfa51487453d.jpg

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The danger is that the slot bolts, should they ever become loosened and the fixture somehow bumped could all shift to one side and your fixture goes splash. How is access to the back of your stand? You could potentially build something that attaches to it and direct mount the fixtures (like 8020,etc). Or if your walls have sturdy studs, the same type of deal.

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The danger is that the slot bolts, should they ever become loosened and the fixture somehow bumped could all shift to one side and your fixture goes splash. How is access to the back of your stand? You could potentially build something that attaches to it and direct mount the fixtures (like 8020,etc). Or if your walls have sturdy studs, the same type of deal.
And I get that. But without one in front of me, I was wondering if there was a way to "lock" it in place from sliding. Perhaps place screws or a wedge on both sides of each slot bolt?

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will work on some photos of the floating suspension hardware hopefully tomorrow and post the setup in a new thread. My 120 is 24 wide but I'm only an inch or two off the wall.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I get that. But without one in front of me, I was wondering if there was a way to "lock" it in place from sliding. Perhaps place screws or a wedge on both sides of each slot bolt?

I do have longer threaded T screws that I could send if you wanted to "lock" the suspension in place. I would think that you would want 8 T screws (one to the left and right of each suspension connection) and would need to buy a set of lock nuts for them.

Just let me know.

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We can only extend from 1” to 3.75” but I guess a well mounted spacer could help add to that.
Hi,

So while I'm handy, I'm not creatively handy per se. My thoughts on a spacer would be a piece of 2x4 that I could mount to my wall, then the wall mount to it.

Does that sound like the best idea? Any other lower profile thing you can imagine?

Also, ideally I can find a way to utlize my two sets of ap700 arms to mount your 61" fixture to. I know you've mentioned concerns of the pressure that puts on the glass.

My glass is a solid 3/4". Any way i can make this work looking at my pics of the glass and the area behind my tank w/steel stand? I know about the kessil arms that can be mounted to a wood stand or wall, but that doesnt work.
dc1cc25f852d690bf5867b6b577029f3.jpg
015fb20ee6bbdfdfeb316ca5cd44c036.jpg

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

So while I'm handy, I'm not creatively handy per se. My thoughts on a spacer would be a piece of 2x4 that I could mount to my wall, then the wall mount to it.

Does that sound like the best idea? Any other lower profile thing you can imagine?

Also, ideally I can find a way to utlize my two sets of ap700 arms to mount your 61" fixture to. I know you've mentioned concerns of the pressure that puts on the glass.

My glass is a solid 3/4". Any way i can make this work looking at my pics of the glass and the area behind my tank w/steel stand? I know about the kessil arms that can be mounted to a wood stand or wall, but that doesnt work.

Funny you mention the 2 x 4, I'm going to do something similar for a set of photos we are working on for the floating suspension. I will show the photos soon, the person I'm working with had a family emergency so we are delayed some.

As for the arms I can't recommend that to you. Just don't want it to damage your aquarium or fall into the aquarium.

Will have more soon.

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny you mention the 2 x 4, I'm going to do something similar for a set of photos we are working on for the floating suspension. I will show the photos soon, the person I'm working with had a family emergency so we are delayed some.

As for the arms I can't recommend that to you. Just don't want it to damage your aquarium or fall into the aquarium.

Will have more soon.
Thanks! Please PM me and let me know when you can share the photos.

I also was wondering how necessary it is to mount both brackets into studs. On another thread, they made a good point that there's no way everyones studs are aligned perfectly with where the brackets are needed.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What you can do is make a plate for them to bolt into, and bolt that into multiple studs. That's what I did to hang an ikea cupboard over my tank (that my lights mount to), then you don't worry about studs since nothing will pull out of 3/4 plywood with lag screws.

nickkohrn

Corals for President 2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regarding the 36” DX18 fixture, what is the total length available for mounting LEDs?

I’m asking because I have four Radion XR15s, which measure 7” in length, and I’m trying to figure out whether four of them (28” + inter-housing spacing of ~2” == 30”) would fit.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regarding the 36” DX18 fixture, what is the total length available for mounting LEDs?

I’m asking because I have four Radion XR15s, which measure 7” in length, and I’m trying to figure out whether four of them (28” + inter-housing spacing of ~2” == 30”) would fit.

You would have no problems with four XR15. The inner length will be over 34”.

Thanks for considering the light.

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have pics of the new light and wall mount? I'd think someone would have some by now!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back