Aquatic Life Debuts LED/T5HO Hybrid Mounting System Fixture Reef Hobbyists Have Been Waiting For!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Sorry that was used for an quick setup display. It was our HALO arms mounted to the aquarium. After testing it, we did not want to recommend, as the pressure on the back of the glass it more risk than we want to take on the tank.

We went with the universal hangers that mount to the stand and now the wall mount floating suspension system.

Thoax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry that was used for an quick setup display. It was our HALO arms mounted to the aquarium. After testing it, we did not want to recommend, as the pressure on the back of the glass it more risk than we want to take on the tank.

We went with the universal hangers that mount to the stand and now the wall mount floating suspension system.

Ah ok thanks for the update, Ya i saw the floating system looks great but my wall behind the tank is stone and it is uneven
:(

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
I know a few people have used the 80/20 material to make some nice low profile mounts. Personally not keen on mounts on the sides of the tank. I like the ones that come up from the back and over the aquarium. Have you seen @siggy his build for the fixture?

Thoax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya i really like the look from the back of the tank so ill be going that way, No i have not seen his build for the fixture Ill see if i can find it. Ty

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the complement, This is my current build, parts came off the ebay 80/20 site
@Thoax will this help? in the threefer thread below pics
1566417744268.png

1566417869336.png

Thoax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the complement, This is my current build, parts came off the ebay 80/20 site
@Thoax will this help? in the threefer thread below pics
1566417744268.png

1566417869336.png

Thanks Siggy, I just quickly checked thought your post and saw you modified the kessil ones i was going to try that but i really like your 80/20 now. Those aluminum clamps you have on the bank of the stand are those from the store as well or did you make those?

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those aluminum clamps you have on the bank of the stand are those from the store as well or did you make those?
those are linear bearings and are in the motion section of the catalog, You also have to by a break kit and drill the bearing to insert it. OR just buy a angle bracket off their site, But I will say it slides super silky :cool:

Thoax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
those are linear bearings and are in the motion section of the catalog, You also have to by a break kit and drill the bearing to insert it. OR just buy a angle bracket off their site, But I will say it slides super silky :cool:

Awesome Ty

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @siggy I was just wondering how high is the 80/20 from the top of your aquarium glass?

1566567819584.png
In that pic it was too high and I had cut it down so the bottom of my AL fixture will adjust from 16" down to 8" to the glass,
and the water should be 2" lower?...FYI I ordered 6 footers and 2 footers off the site, It was cheaper than paying shipping for longer pieces and cutting.

jporter17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry missed this post. Yes @Kyl is correct the 19.4" brackets will allow the Mitras to fit in the middle, flush with the fixture. Also, in the interest of keeping the fixtures standard worldwide we are looking at a new bracket to secure the Mitras to the 18" width fixtures. This is a new bracket we are tooling now. Small changes will be made to not cover the display and the buttons on the sides. So the "ear" will be narrower.

Bracket attached to fixture.jpg

When will these brackets be available?

Jackcarp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to mount a 48" hybrid fixture above my tank but I cant use the cables and the back of the tank is open to the fish room behind it so I cant use a mount from behind the tank. Is there any way to mount it directly to the canopy above the tank? I have seen someone use some aluminum angle pieces to attach the ends, however, the fixture will be visible from all sides of it so I dont want to have something really visible. I was thinking of drilling holes at the ends of the fixture where the cable slot is, then just attach it with screws. Will that void any warrantys etc?
F0E562C8-F3D5-493C-9D03-B475F0D76B73.jpeg
78726370-5537-4201-B9B0-53192B93FA3E.jpeg 53870166-AF00-43E7-93B3-690847623525.jpeg

Last edited:

Jackcarp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to mount a 48" hybrid fixture above my tank but I cant use the cables and the back of the tank is open to the fish room behind it so I cant use a mount from behind the tank. Is there any way to mount it directly to the canopy above the tank? I have seen someone use some aluminum angle pieces to attach the ends, however, the fixture will be visible from all sides of it so I dont want to have something really visible. I was thinking of drilling holes at the ends of the fixture where the cable slot is, then just attach it with screws. Will that void any warrantys etc?
F0E562C8-F3D5-493C-9D03-B475F0D76B73.jpeg
78726370-5537-4201-B9B0-53192B93FA3E.jpeg 53870166-AF00-43E7-93B3-690847623525.jpeg
Is there a way to make a small plate that I can screw into the canopy top that has one of the slot bolts attached in the center? If I mounted 4 of those above my tank, then I could slide the slot bolts into the rail. Does that make sense?

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Is there a way to make a small plate that I can screw into the canopy top that has one of the slot bolts attached in the center? If I mounted 4 of those above my tank, then I could slide the slot bolts into the rail. Does that make sense?

Page 71 of the thread shows a customer I think with a similar setup. They used an angle stock to attach to the fixture and then the canopy. My concern is the wires on the dimmable fixture are inside the ends of the fixture. I do have longer M5 T screws if you would like them. Just shoot me an email or send me your address. May allow you more flexibility on the install.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
If I understand maybe a piece of metal bar stock, attaching to the front and back extrusions in the channels with the longer T screws and then attaching the metal bar stock to the overhead mount. Then you could use a spacer if needed. Don't want to use the LED bracket for support as they do not have much threading into the fixture.

Jackcarp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I understand maybe a piece of metal bar stock, attaching to the front and back extrusions in the channels with the longer T screws and then attaching the metal bar stock to the overhead mount. Then you could use a spacer if needed. Don't want to use the LED bracket for support as they do not have much threading into the fixture.
I think something like that would work. I saw the floating suspension on your website. I think if I could attach something like bar stock to the top of the canopy, then use the flathead screw that attaches to the t-screw to mount it. I could space the t-screws so that I could slide the fixture in from the side to get the t-screws in the center hole. I would just like to keep it as flush to the top as possible since I dont have a lot of room. In considering drilling holes and screwing it, I would put the holes 2-3 inches in from the ends as to not interfere with the wiring-essentially right behind the reflectors.

Jackcarp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think something like that would work. I saw the floating suspension on your website. I think if I could attach something like bar stock to the top of the canopy, then use the flathead screw that attaches to the t-screw to mount it. I could space the t-screws so that I could slide the fixture in from the side to get the t-screws in the center hole. I would just like to keep it as flush to the top as possible since I dont have a lot of room. In considering drilling holes and screwing it, I would put the holes 2-3 inches in from the ends as to not interfere with the wiring-essentially right behind the reflectors.
Longer t-screws would help, but I would need a way to attach the t-screws to the top of the canopy.

Jackcarp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1575934260469.png

Any ideas on finding something like this that is lower profile and either powder coated or stainless steel? I could put a nut on the back of the t-screw and suspend it that way.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
I have not seen anything like your photo above but I would have the T screws that would allow you to secure it.

I was thinking more like below, you could secure to the front and back of the fixture with the T screw and nut. Then you could use the middle holes to secure to the canopy. This would allow a thin profile. Thougths?
1576012238169.png

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 57.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back