Aquatic Life Debuts LED/T5HO Hybrid Mounting System Fixture Reef Hobbyists Have Been Waiting For!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Jackcarp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not seen anything like your photo above but I would have the T screws that would allow you to secure it.

I was thinking more like below, you could secure to the front and back of the fixture with the T screw and nut. Then you could use the middle holes to secure to the canopy. This would allow a thin profile. Thougths?
1576012238169.png
Yes. I figure I will have to do something like this. I am going to use some L-brackets since there is still an opening above the tank. Would you be able to point me in the right direction for a nut that would fit onto the t-screw or sell me 4 of them? I may need a slightly longer t-screw as well? Thanks for all your help!

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jackcarp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Yes. I figure I will have to do something like this. I am going to use some L-brackets since there is still an opening above the tank. Would you be able to point me in the right direction for a nut that would fit onto the t-screw or sell me 4 of them? I may need a slightly longer t-screw as well? Thanks for all your help!

Send me your address and I can send you the longer T screws no charge. Will verify but I believe they are M5 thread and are available at most hardware shops. I do not have them in stock.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will verify but I believe they are M5 thread and are available at most hardware shops. I do not have them in stock.
Hey Dave, Can they be ordered In different lengths? 3/4" or even 1" ? Folks can always trim to size. You could sell by dozen BTW thanks for the clarification on size I miss quoted them as m10..

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Hey Dave, Can they be ordered In different lengths? 3/4" or even 1" ? Folks can always trim to size. You could sell by dozen BTW thanks for the clarification on size I miss quoted them as m10..

Hi Siggy, we had them made special for us. I like your idea about longer screws and cut to size. I will look into it. I could also see about ordering them in the 3/4" and 1" like you mention too.

Thank you.

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AquaticLifeProducts - could you share how far apart the 2 T5 modules can be placed and the maximum space available for leds ? Am not sure if anybody has ever tried to attach Illumagic Blaze X 120 to the 48 inch aquatic life or 60 inch aquatic life ?

The width of the fixture is 6.5 inch .

Regards,
Abhishek

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
The width or center opening in the hybrid is a little over 7.0 inches. The lengths would be

24" - 588mm or 23.1"
36" - 892mm or 35.1"
48" - 1198mm or 47.1"
61" - 1544mm or 60.7"

Please let us know if any additional questions.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Are there any plans for a white mounting plate for the Kessil A360x?

We have been waiting to see if the Kessel will be made in white. If they start to offer, we will get the mounting bracket made in white too. If anyone knows that it is going to be released, please let us know. Thank you.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
They can mount to the LED brackets included with the Hybrids. You need longer M4 screws. M4 x 35 seem to be best. Plus the RedSea screw heads have a spacer under them that allow the plastic cap to mount. You may need a few small washers under the new screw to allow the cover to mount.

Robert Woodward

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can mount to the LED brackets included with the Hybrids. You need longer M4 screws. M4 x 35 seem to be best. Plus the RedSea screw heads have a spacer under them that allow the plastic cap to mount. You may need a few small washers under the new screw to allow the cover to mount.
Thanks For the quick response

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep finding ways to enjoy my fixtures, and something popped in my head yesterday when I picked up an Eheim auto-feeder. It includes a kind of clamp on mount that would work on a direct rim attachment, but since I run a lid, and don't really want that anywhere near the water line, I thought about setting it on the profile directly. The feeder is weighted, but I don't trust that it won't get accidently knocked one day, so made a bracket to attach the feeder to that secures itself in the T-slot channel.

Works like a charm, though I will re-print this in black PETG soon, the T5 heat long term I wouldn't really want PLA sitting on as it can deform.

eheim_feeder_bracket_done
by Kyl, on Flickr

As noted, you can also mount standard 120mm cooling fans in the default 18" profiles very easily, plus there are t-slots on the front to mount actinic LED bars or whatever else you can think of.

blazerino

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone made a light shroud/hanging canopy for this fixture? I want to shield the light to reduce light spill and prevent my 2 year old son from being able to look up and see the lights directly.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
We have some metal anchors with screws that slide through the front and back channels. They could possibly allow you to mount something light to the front.

Send me a PM with your address if you would like me to send you a set or two.

blazerino

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have some metal anchors with screws that slide through the front and back channels. They could possibly allow you to mount something light to the front.

Thats great! That will make the design much simpler. I'll send you a PM.

GJak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I was just about to drill through the front of my fixture to attach a piece of sheet metal as a light block because i couldn't find the correct screws for the slots. Are these for sale somewhere?

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
I was just about to drill through the front of my fixture to attach a piece of sheet metal as a light block because i couldn't find the correct screws for the slots. Are these for sale somewhere?

Please PM me your address and we will get them in the mail no charge. I'm almost out but have more on the way.

Back