Aquatic Life Debuts LED/T5HO Hybrid Mounting System Fixture Reef Hobbyists Have Been Waiting For!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Marc2952

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Better pics of the full mount, just have to do some wire management this weekend.

24929DEA-1E41-4397-BC51-F7AC5E3B723C.jpeg

F7851467-F800-43CC-BF78-E165EA11D277.jpeg
Ok i need that mount where did you get it? Hanging from ceiling or drilling thr wall aint an option.

bk_market

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have problem with the mounting bracket not matching up to the space? I recently purchased the light and 2 out of 4 bracket are slightly longer than the other 2.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
x

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Anyone have problem with the mounting bracket not matching up to the space? I recently purchased the light and 2 out of 4 bracket are slightly longer than the other 2.

Can you let me know what part you are referring. Is it the LED bracket in the fixture? Also, do you have the Dimmable or the original fixture?

Let me know so we can help out.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
We put the details together but have not found an easy way to upgrade and keep the costs inline, we think. Two dimmable ballast retail price point are around $130.00 without the additional parts.

With the upgrade we looked at possibly including the following parts to eliminate DIY requirements.

- New individual fixture endplates and new side mount plates, this is for the 0 - 10 volt wire control
- Adding the silicon sockets sets to the parts as the dimmable use an additional brown wire that the regular ballast does not use.
- A 0 -10 V wire to connect to both fixture and into a single 3.5mm stereo connector.
- and the Two additional ballast

To wire a new dimmable ballast if you are a DIYer it is a matter of removing the old ballast and splicing the brown wire of the new ballast into the yellow wire that connects the two yellow sockets together. Plus a connection to the 0 - 10 V control wire.

We have the ballast but honestly no one has asked me for it since the dimmable was released. If you would like to discuss more I would be glad to assist in upgrading the ballast to dimmable. I have help a few people in the last two years do it themselves.

Let me know.

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We put the details together but have not found an easy way to upgrade and keep the costs inline, we think. Two dimmable ballast retail price point are around $130.00 without the additional parts.

With the upgrade we looked at possibly including the following parts to eliminate DIY requirements.

- New individual fixture endplates and new side mount plates, this is for the 0 - 10 volt wire control
- Adding the silicon sockets sets to the parts as the dimmable use an additional brown wire that the regular ballast does not use.
- A 0 -10 V wire to connect to both fixture and into a single 3.5mm stereo connector.
- and the Two additional ballast

To wire a new dimmable ballast if you are a DIYer it is a matter of removing the old ballast and splicing the brown wire of the new ballast into the yellow wire that connects the two yellow sockets together. Plus a connection to the 0 - 10 V control wire.

We have the ballast but honestly no one has asked me for it since the dimmable was released. If you would like to discuss more I would be glad to assist in upgrading the ballast to dimmable. I have help a few people in the last two years do it themselves.

Let me know.

Speaking of upgrades... man 19" end plates would be amazing!!! I'd be able to place my black boxes in between the T5s instead of resting them on top and blocking a small portion of lights.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
We do make a 19.4" LED bracket and end plates. We are currently waiting for more stock of the 19.4" Decorative End Caps but have the 19.4" LED brackets in stock.

Chuckc mi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question is a 48 inch fixture centered over a 6 foot tank acceptable or do I need the 61 inch I will be putting three ocean revives wothvthe fixture

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
We did make the 61" for the 72" aquariums. The customer request was to limit the bulbs to 4 and with the 80 watt it left only around 6" of space on each side.

With a 48" on a 72" you may find that the ends are not lit as much as you would like. The T5 are used to fill in the light gaps and spaces when used with the LED, so using a 48" on a 72" may still leave you with a similar issue.

bk_market

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you let me know what part you are referring. Is it the LED bracket in the fixture? Also, do you have the Dimmable or the original fixture?

Let me know so we can help out.

Yes this is the LED bracket that I use to mount one of my hydra light one the new DX18.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Please send me a PM with your address I have something that will fix the problem. Let me know what size DX18 so I have the right amount shipped out to you.

Sorry for the problem.

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read a post where someone's hybrid fell into their tank because of the screw bolt where the wires get "locked" into by screws.

Is there anyway to provide an additional failsafe for that? Or am was that likely a user error?

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you link said post? Trying to understand where you mean the failure point was, unless it's regarding the hanging kit nuts onto the T-slot bolt.

bobbyM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read a post where someone's hybrid fell into their tank because of the screw bolt where the wires get "locked" into by screws.

Is there anyway to provide an additional failsafe for that? Or am was that likely a user error?

They must have missed a few screws for that to happen. Looking at mine, I’m puzzled and doubt that that could even happen.

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you link said post? Trying to understand where you mean the failure point was, unless it's regarding the hanging kit nuts onto the T-slot bolt.

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish these had a cool curve to them like the giesemann ones. But not just looks i wish the t5 actually slanted so it's not straight across. It would have spill over on my 22" tank. And I have ghl lx7 so I'd need the wider setup. Wish I can rotate the t5 to point into the tank slightly. That would be sickkkk. If that makes any sense lol

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 36 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.1%
Back