Aquatic Life Debuts LED/T5HO Hybrid Mounting System Fixture Reef Hobbyists Have Been Waiting For!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it appears the end loop crimp failed for whatever reason. It's a risk with any suspended fixture off a single wire, though you can somewhat alleviate a catastrophic failure by utilizing more hanging kit leads (ie. doubling up the suspension cables).

I know in hanging my 300w blackbox, the ~15 or so lbs off of two wires has left me not feeling the greatest about it, long term. I'll always prefer a direct mount bracket style installation, though it will be much costlier than a simple crimped wire.

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just buying the 61"dx18 and attaching my 2 ap700s to it. Want to make sure there's a backup/reinforcement option if needed.

Is this unit hard to raise temporarily if needed for tank maintenance? Do I have to do that near the ceiling connection or where it splits into a "y"

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We do have the suspension kits available as an accessory. I had not seen that previous post on the fixture and I have not seen or reviewed the parts so I can't be sure what happened.

However, if anyone is looking to add additional wires just PM me and I will see what pricing I can get for you. They don't cost much and would be glad to help.

I did look into the weight limits on the wires systems and I was told by the supplier that they can hold up to 44lbs/20KG each wire, not that I recommend that much considering the fixtures weigh around 11 - 22 pounds or 5 - 10 KG total and we have two sets per fixture.

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aside from a canopy, has anyone come up with some sort of skirt/blinder to minimize light spill?

Will magnets attach to the shell of the new dx18 body? It doesn't look pure metal like the older body?

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a few customers use our leg anchors that fit the original Hybrid to attach a light weight shield on the front. This anchor has a screw connection that would allow something to be attached. Its the same anchors that people have been using to secure the Reefbrite and the sBar LED to the Hybrid.

The housings are both extruded aluminum so not sure how easy it would be to connect something to the new DX18.

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a few customers use our leg anchors that fit the original Hybrid to attach a light weight shield on the front. This anchor has a screw connection that would allow something to be attached. Its the same anchors that people have been using to secure the Reefbrite and the sBar LED to the Hybrid.

The housings are both extruded aluminum so not sure how easy it would be to connect something to the new DX18.
Great. I'll Pm you for details

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry missed this post. Yes @Kyl is correct the 19.4" brackets will allow the Mitras to fit in the middle, flush with the fixture. Also, in the interest of keeping the fixtures standard worldwide we are looking at a new bracket to secure the Mitras to the 18" width fixtures. This is a new bracket we are tooling now. Small changes will be made to not cover the display and the buttons on the sides. So the "ear" will be narrower.

Bracket attached to fixture.jpg
@Kyl u mean this. This actually isn't bad. But this is coming on a year and haven't heard it's out. But if they want to have me test em. I'd gladly buy the fixture and the brackets and use and see. Just wondering if fixture sitting on top of the t5 casing blocks the led light on the ends so it won't be a cone. If that makes any sense. Probably not

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We do have them on the website item numbers 470604 for the LED brackets and 470607 for the Decorative cover and endplate.

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We do have them on the website item numbers 470604 for the LED brackets and 470607 for the Decorative cover and endplate.

Let me know if you have additional questions.
What about that special ghl led bracket that you posted back in August I think of last year. To go with standard 18"

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GHL has not decided to use them yet. There was also a concern with a variation in the Mitras end covers screw hole placement. Not sure if they have been consistently located in the same spot.

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GHL has not decided to use them yet. There was also a concern with a variation in the Mitras end covers screw hole placement. Not sure if they have been consistently located in the same spot.
Oh well. Are 19.4 in stock. Doesn't show it but when will the extentions be in stock so I can purchase them to stash

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 19.4" LED brackets and the 19.4" Decorative covers with endplates are in stock on the website. Is that where you were checking stock? Not many resellers have picked these items up.

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question on standard ceiling install with the cables. Using 48" fixture. How far in should the cables be hanging the fixture. Is there s best distance between the hanging cables or preference. Like 12" in from both ends? 15?

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The total is right at 9 feet. They can be extended if needed. We use a C13/C14 cord connector around 7.5 feet and then the country cord is attached to it. Extending another 1.5 feet.

Back