Aquatic Life Debuts LED/T5HO Hybrid Mounting System Fixture Reef Hobbyists Have Been Waiting For!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the new fixture come with splash covers for the T5? Like the giesemann hybrid (Stellar) does? If not, how does the fixture deal with potential splashes?

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Does the new fixture come with splash covers for the T5? Like the giesemann hybrid (Stellar) does? If not, how does the fixture deal with potential splashes?
We use silicon socket covers to protect the lamps and allow them to operate without overheating. So no lens is used. We did not want to add fans and the lens to the fixtures, that would add to the height and complexity of the fixture.

I was not aware they added covers to their USA versions....

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We use silicon socket covers to protect the lamps and allow them to operate without overheating. So no lens is used. We did not want to add fans and the lens to the fixtures, that would add to the height and complexity of the fixture.

I was not aware they added covers to their USA versions....
Well, not sure they do (I don’t own one, am in the market for a fixture), but in their manual they clearly state to not use the fixture without the splash covers, so that’s not cool if they don’t even include them. houses here in the US, being wood made, catch on fire even better than the brick ones in Europe.. Is there any plans on adding that in the future?

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Well, not sure they do (I don’t own one, am in the market for a fixture), but in their manual they clearly state to not use the fixture without the splash covers, so that’s not cool if they don’t even include them. houses here in the US, being wood made, catch on fire even better than the brick ones in Europe.. Is there any plans on adding that in the future?
Not for our fixture. The silicon socket is the same one we have used for the last 8+ years for the retrofits. It’s made specifically for this use. If you cover the lamps it will increase the lamps temperature and will not provide the same lighting output.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW I've been using the 48" for like two years now, with jumpy wrasse that like to splash every few days, and I've had zero bulb issues.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reflectors have some salt spray speckling which I clean off when I replace the bulbs, so the bulbs are obviously getting spit on a bit every while, and have been fine.

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those that are running GHL lights and are looking to add T5. The 19.5" end caps work. Here is it with GHL also making the fixture only a single cord and coming right out the back middle
IMG_20200712_190201.jpg

DeWittTheReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
***I tried read as much as I could before posting this, so I apologize if this is a repeat question.***

What type of bracket is that that you used for the AI Prime? I have everything else I need, just missing the ability to mount my Primes like in the original photo.

Thanks so much!!

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have one of these beauties. My only complaint is that I didnt get the dimmable version. Was tricky trying to acclimate my corals.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
***I tried read as much as I could before posting this, so I apologize if this is a repeat question.***

What type of bracket is that that you used for the AI Prime? I have everything else I need, just missing the ability to mount my Primes like in the original photo.

Thanks so much!!
The AI prime suspension kit brings the mount to the top. Allows you to bolt the prime suspension bracket to our LED bracket. Will need 2 screws with lock nuts, too.

DeWittTheReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The AI prime suspension kit brings the mount to the top. Allows you to bolt the prime suspension bracket to our LED bracket. Will need 2 screws with lock nuts, too.
Ah. I was hoping to avoid buying the entire mounting kit just for that bracket, specifically that you all had fabricated something. Thank you though!

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
With the Prime having the special side mount with the main screw and the two additional screws we felt more comfortable using their bracket just in case.

Please let me know if you have additional questions. Will be glad to help.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Will this unit work with the kessel ap700
The 18" standard version will have a little over 7" of space down the center I believe the AP700 is narrower than the 7". The AP700 should have top mount screw ports to secure to the LED brackets included with the fixture. You may need the specific screws for the Kessil.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 161 61.7%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 69 26.4%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 90 34.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 69 26.4%
Back